Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roundhouse
29 December 2012, 10:55,
Roundhouse
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...hills.html this is just typical of the Media, its a ROUNDHOUSE you stupid journo NOT a mud hut!!Angry
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 December 2012, 11:37,
RE: Roundhouse
Do you think this would even be an article if she wasnt an ex oxford student? Good on her for "opting out", more an more people are chosing to do this to the shock of tptb, shame she has to pay council tax though.
29 December 2012, 11:59,
watch the local council evict her for not having planning permission now!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 December 2012, 12:54,
Planning permission for what? Bloody jobsworths, her house is built with natural products and isn't much higher than herself... She doesn't have any pipes,electric cables or anything else that can be dangerous. The place does look dirty and dull but it's Britain for gods sake lol.
If you change the way you look at things..The things you look at change !
29 December 2012, 12:57,
(29 December 2012, 12:54)Prepaday Wrote: Planning permission for what? Bloody jobsworths, her house is built with natural products and isn't much higher than herself... She doesn't have any pipes,electric cables or anything else that can be dangerous. The place does look dirty and dull but it's Britain for gods sake lol.
dosent matter-she will still need planning permission -she may be OK as its Wales. by the way, welcome back..where you been hiding?Big Grin
29 December 2012, 13:29,
She has planning permission if you read the article. Originally the village that was built there had no permission, it was discovered by aerial survey and the member of the village went to court for several years and got retrospective planning. She has permission to build 4 more.

That is the way it is in this country. You build anything you are going to live in, it has to have planning and meet building regs (only under very exceptional circumstances can you get away with not meeting regs).

Want to build a dog shelter in your front garden? You need planning permission.

Want to put some decking more than 1 foot above the ground on your property? You need planning permission.

Want a wendy house for your child to play in? You need planning permission for it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...HOUSE.html

Who wants these laws and who comes up with them? As long as you are not causing an out and out nucience to those around you, you should be able to live how you want and build what you want on your land.
29 December 2012, 14:03,
just read it again, i think its on the same farm as Tony Wrench's place!!
29 December 2012, 17:40,
I love it....what a great way to live
29 December 2012, 17:42,
(29 December 2012, 17:40)Straight Shooter Wrote: I love it....what a great way to live

would suit me! aahh, the simple life!Big Grin
29 December 2012, 20:33,
you need planning for most things now if your going to live in it you will
i lived in a caravan/s here and it took 17years to win planning to live here legal
all the time i was building up my smallholding we now have a log cabin 14 x60 feet which is still classed as a caravan band a con tax but we won in the end
i love her roundhouse but think of all that mud this year and ok if your younger