Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calor Gas Bottle Multi-fuel stove
3 November 2011, 11:29, (This post was last modified: 3 November 2011, 13:13 by Skvez.)
Calor Gas Bottle Multi-fuel stove
Do you know what I think both groups of forum members would really benefit from is getting one of us who can weld and do metalwork. Then he or she could potter away converting old Calor bottles 7 and 15 KG into low cost multi fuel stoves for both communities to buy and set aside.

Yes / no?

3 November 2011, 12:22,
RE: What both forums need right about now
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 November 2011, 13:13,
Can someone describe (or post a link to a description) of what you are talking about?
what do you mean by Multi-fuel?
I'd like a stove that burns home heating oil, since I tend to have quite a lot of it stored conveniently close to my house and the per Litre price is quite favourable compared to most other fuels (admittedly if I ordered meths for my Trangia 1000L at a time rather than in 0.5L bottles I'd probably get a better price).
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?
3 November 2011, 15:23,
(3 November 2011, 13:13)Skvez Wrote: Can someone describe (or post a link to a description) of what you are talking about?
what do you mean by Multi-fuel?

try this one Skvez, i think it will explain what we mean: http://www.bikerlifestyle.co.uk/tech/wor...eater.html "multi fuel" as in more than one fuel- usually either coal or wood! BP.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 November 2011, 16:40,
RE: Calor Gas Bottle Multi-fuel stove
The problem with making and selling these is that shipping them would be horribly expensive.
Very few homes are set up to alow the chimney to be retrofitted.
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?
3 November 2011, 16:43,
(3 November 2011, 16:40)Skvez Wrote: The problem with making and selling these is that shipping them would be horribly expensive.
Very few homes are set up to alow the chimney to be retrofitted.

i agree with the shipping, buyer would have to collect. you dont NEED a chimney OR a fireplace, cut a hole through the wall and fit the pipe through that.
3 November 2011, 20:43,
I always meant to have a go at making one of those, but my previous attempts at welding weren't exactly a success so it has always put me off trying one.

If there are any welders on here who fancies giving it a go I would definitely be interested in getting one
3 November 2011, 21:33,
I bought one of these from teh wildreness gathering a couple a years ago, it cost me 60 nicker.
4 November 2011, 06:10,
Was it efficient? I've read about them in the past but have never seen one or heard how efficient they are. Kenneth Eames.
4 November 2011, 12:30,
I now a welder. My next door neighbour.

The question is;
How much are the bottles to buy. (I assume defective ones are best)
Where do you get them from?
How much are they going to sell for. (How much are we going to pay?)

He is away for the weeend, I'll ask him howmuch he would charge to do these. He is very practical and he does a lot of stuff for me.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin