Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blitz Road Legal Buggy (go-kart)
3 January 2013, 09:52,
Blitz Road Legal Buggy (go-kart)
I've been offered a swap with my non running landrover for a Blitz Road Legal Buggy. I've seen a few of these about last year, and they're mighty little things. I've grown up around go-karts etc, so I'm probably biased. I really want to go ahead, but the missus thinks we'd be better off with the landy should we need to evacuate (obviously when it's running)

Thoughts? Should I accept the swap and get myself this buggy (2 seater) or should I get the landy fixed and use that as my BOV?
3 January 2013, 10:20,
RE: Blitz Road Legal Buggy (go-kart)
guess im biased too i love landies , you get so much into them and on them where as the buggy with only two seats will limit what you can take with you!
3 January 2013, 11:11,
(3 January 2013, 10:20)Tigs Wrote: guess im biased too i love landies , you get so much into them and on them where as the buggy with only two seats will limit what you can take with you!

Beardy, you have a wife and a kid. With 2 seats, which one are you leaving behind?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
3 January 2013, 11:29,
(3 January 2013, 11:11)Scythe13 Wrote:
(3 January 2013, 10:20)Tigs Wrote: guess im biased too i love landies , you get so much into them and on them where as the buggy with only two seats will limit what you can take with you!

Beardy, you have a wife and a kid. With 2 seats, which one are you leaving behind?

Both. Just me and the hound!
She can drive the estate
3 January 2013, 12:19,
(3 January 2013, 11:29)BeardyMan Wrote:
(3 January 2013, 11:11)Scythe13 Wrote:
Both. Just me and the hound!
She can drive the estate

I like the way you're thinking!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
3 January 2013, 13:20, (This post was last modified: 3 January 2013, 13:20 by Prepper1.)
Shame you dont live near me I'd fix the landy for you...

Post it to me in a jiffy bag and I'll fix it for you!!!!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
3 January 2013, 15:58,
(3 January 2013, 13:20)Prepper1 Wrote: Shame you dont live near me I'd fix the landy for you...

You far from Southampton?
3 January 2013, 16:11,
Unfortunately yes I'm in the Manchester area...

But isn't that always the way.

Still, if you can get it to me I'll fix it!!

No probs with that. Maybe you know somebody with a transporter to get it here and I'll drive it back, be a good day out!!
3 January 2013, 16:23,
I think the wife would have a heart attack if I stuck her in the landy and told her to hang on cause I'm towing her to Manchester! Although... Big Grin

Cheers P1. I'll see what I can sort out. I do know someone with a transporter, but he's more than likely to weigh it in on route and bugger off instead of deliver it! Although with the rate I'm getting through cars I should really have my own transporter.

On New Years Day I bought an Audi 80e, K reg, 2 liter automatic. Beautiful condition, the last owner had lovingly cared and caressed it through his 12 years of ownership. I left his home at 2030 Tuesday evening, very pleased with my new vehicle. Got home, no real issues. Head off to work yesterday morning, 3 miles from work - POP - cambelt goes, top end seizes, engine ruined. Sad

Car before that, Vauxhall Omega 3 liter V6. Smashed it to work, doing 90+mph most of the way (roads were clear) got there, no issues. Go to work all day. Get in the car at 1630 to come home - BANG - con rod snapped on starting the engine.

I hope this Mondeo Estate gets me home tonight!
3 January 2013, 17:01,
Like I said no worries getting the landy fixed up if you can get it here.

BUT I'd let somebody else choose your cars.....TongueTongue