Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
quad bike (and trailer?) as a bov
3 January 2013, 11:13,
RE: quad bike (and trailer?) as a bov
one thing that does worry me about ANY BO vehicle is NOISE!! quads and most diesel vehicles tend to be very noisy and you can hear them a mile off! more so AFTER TSHTF when it will be a lot more quiet, raiders will be hearing you coming from miles away and have time to set up an ambush/road block!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 January 2013, 18:06,
I wonder if Preppers1`s idea with the wire wool would work?..... but you are right they are noisey, but I doubt there is anything you can do,..I would be thinking to weigh up the noise factor against how easy they are to hide, and the fact they can get into places a quieter veh cant

..... unless your BOL is at the bottom of a long hill...Smile
A major part of survival is invisibility.
3 January 2013, 19:19,
(3 January 2013, 18:06)Highlander Wrote: I wonder if Preppers1`s idea with the wire wool would work?..... but you are right they are noisey, but I doubt there is anything you can do,..I would be thinking to weigh up the noise factor against how easy they are to hide, and the fact they can get into places a quieter veh cant

..... unless your BOL is at the bottom of a long hill...Smile

trouble starts WHEN you've been heard, no matter how much you hide it some sod will find it.i'd go for something more low key..but thats just me.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 January 2013, 21:08,
Yes, I think it depends on where you want to go, depends on your BOL,... they would suit me, low fuel consumption, not many 4 x4s would get over the hills here, and it wouldnt be heard on the hills.

I was a fool, when I was a Sheeple I had a good farm Quad,.. but then sold it,..I sooo wish I still had it,... I might yet save my pennies again and find a good second hand one
A major part of survival is invisibility.
3 January 2013, 21:42,
You can use the steel wool in any exhaust system to muffle the noise... you could just have some sort of bolt on device maybe.
Well worth a play to see what could be achieved.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...