Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would this be a good way to keep people away from you after the SHTF?
4 January 2013, 01:00,
Would this be a good way to keep people away from you after the SHTF?
If you are in a nice location and you don't want people coming and trying to get what you have got you could direct them away.

You could put signs on lamposts or paint on the road Red Cross refugee 20 miles down this road.

Making sure these lead people away from your location.

Peope are more likely to go somewhere where they will get help. Than go somewhere where they would not.

When they get there they look around the area and see there is no Red cross camp and they will most liklely keep going the way they are in the hope of actually getting to a Red cross camp and getting help.

They are not very likely to think we have been doubled-crossed and search the area to find out who did it and lynch them.

I know this cold-hearted, but better you live than die in a SHTF situation.
4 January 2013, 01:03,
RE: Would this be a good way to keep people away from you after the SHTF?
A very good idea.
4 January 2013, 10:20,
may be an idea to get hold of some official looking signs, you can buy signs like"no entry" and "hard hat area" and "first aid post" and stuff like that, may be an idea to "acquire" a detour sign or something like that.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 January 2013, 12:53,
You make a very good point. I can see several variants of this being of use. Worth considering and thinking about.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
4 January 2013, 12:58,
If you look on Ebay they sell the bio hazard signs and such.
You could label your bol as a toxic dump or a biological hazard site.
with the odd suspicious oil drum lying about leaking suitably nasty ooze you'd be set...

especially with a recently deceased corpse nearby for effect...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Construction-B...483c228be1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hazard-Signs-R...3cb31b34ce

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A4-Health-and-...3a7c0cfd8e
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
4 January 2013, 14:02,
i like the "danger of death" sign!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 January 2013, 19:59,
i think you could be on to something with detour signs, but you would need to put quite a few in a large radious round your safe location. in my opinion you dont want anything like construction works signs or first aid anywhere near you as it could arouse interest, but you might just be able to pull of a toxic dump, unless theres any locals with the groups your trying to keep away
6 January 2013, 20:06,
(6 January 2013, 19:59)Hex Wrote: i think you could be on to something with detour signs, but you would need to put quite a few in a large radious round your safe location. in my opinion you dont want anything like construction works signs or first aid anywhere near you as it could arouse interest, but you might just be able to pull of a toxic dump, unless theres any locals with the groups your trying to keep away

how about a "Flood" sign? seen plenty of them around Devon recently!Big Grin maybe a Road Closed sign??
6 January 2013, 20:22,
flood I think could work Smile but road closed could go either way....
6 January 2013, 23:27,
I also think its an idea well worth thinking about,.... its not a new idea, it has been done before,... the UK put up false sign post during the war in case of invasion,.. and the troops carried the idea with them to France and did the same for the German convoys.

The trick here is to make the signs believable, maybe pick a place where you know people have helped out before,... say a hospital, just for arguments sake, and have your sign read something like` Roystan Hospital in Fort George offers you food and shelter`,.... if Fort George has done something simular before, then it can make the difference between being believable or not
A major part of survival is invisibility.