Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just got wind of my own personal SHTF situation....
9 January 2013, 13:59, (This post was last modified: 9 January 2013, 14:00 by Barneyboy.)
RE: Just got wind of my own personal SHTF situation....
(9 January 2013, 13:58)bigpaul Wrote:
(9 January 2013, 13:50)BeardyMan Wrote: Personally I'd take the redundancy and use that to keep me ticking over until I could find another job. But then I often find myself out of contract and searching for the next one, so I'm kind of used to it. Without the redundancy payout at the end though.

if i was still working i think i'd take the redundancy package myself, Mike could you use that money and set up some business of your own??

good point BP

(9 January 2013, 13:59)Barneyboy Wrote:
(9 January 2013, 13:50)BeardyMan Wrote: Personally I'd take the redundancy and use that to keep me ticking over until I could find another job. But then I often find myself out of contract and searching for the next one, so I'm kind of used to it. Without the redundancy payout at the end though.

if i was still working i think i'd take the redundancy package myself, Mike could you use that money and set up some business of your own??

good point BP

SORRY AND BM
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
9 January 2013, 14:06,

Yeah, same here. I started mine with a few hundred quid. Doesn't give anywhere near enough to live on, but every little helps.

I'm always looking for financial investment Wink
9 January 2013, 18:20,
Sorry to hear that.

My opinion is that I'd take the higher paid job and spend time looking for a new job. In the current climate £5K ain't going far and there is no guarantee of a job either.

Don't kick yourself when you are down. In 12 weeks you could tear someones arm off for a £15K job.

Just my view though.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
9 January 2013, 18:37,
Same opinion as sd, I have found with jobs theres naff all then 3 comealong at once. I know part of you feels like telling your boss to shove it, but its a gamble if you do take redundency
9 January 2013, 19:23,
Mind you, you're not aware that he has already knocked me retrospectively for £600 because apparently my managers role finished last month and even so, as I already know he is lining his nest so I would be always expecting the phone call to say "Sorry the company has gone bankrupt" according to the submitted files to companies house there is only 60k at the bank and the book value of the company is only 150k yet the turnover for last year was over 2mil.......

MA
If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.
9 January 2013, 19:27,
Sorry about all this Mike,... for whats its worth I would also take the higher paid work and be on the look out for another job,... it would go down well with another employer that you realy want to work,... the option of four and a half grand is nothing and will get you no where

If you get laid off because of the company going bankrupt, then thats not your fault and would at least be able to claim something

The higher paid job would at least keep you going for a while,.... you might well have a new job lined up by the time of the `next setback` your boss has planned
A major part of survival is invisibility.
9 January 2013, 19:27,
[quote='MikeAlpha3041' pid='40981' dateline='1357755791']
Mind you, you're not aware that he has already knocked me retrospectively for £600 because apparently my managers role finished last month and even so, as I already know he is lining his nest so I would be always expecting the phone call to say "Sorry the company has gone bankrupt" according to the submitted files to companies house there is only 60k at the bank and the book value of the company is only 150k yet the turnover for last year was over 2mil.......

MA

And did you read that correctly..... 35 hour week on a shift that starts a 2am and finishes at 7am on a 21 days on 7 days off rota...... with a four year old in the house and 3 new babies due in may, one of which will be actually living in my house.....

I think not.......
If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.
9 January 2013, 19:52,
i'd be inclined to tell him to stuff his job and take the money, if he's that much of an arsehole and you stay on he'll find some way of shafting you for your redundancy money, so i'd take the money and run.Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 January 2013, 19:58,
Yea, he is!

also forgot to mention, the guys who already do the 2am to 7am shift only get PAID for 5 hours, more often than not they don't actually get home until 9/9:30am because of the London rush our traffic and for me it would mean going from East London (Depford) to Sutton in Surrey.......
9 January 2013, 20:00,
the prob is that every one and there auntie is looking for a job and you boss is in the no pal this is a world for the rich mate
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!