Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gas mask suits and boots
8 January 2013, 18:07,
RE: Gas mask suits and boots
Thank you guys,..I also think a dirty bomb is a real possiblity,..although I am fairly sure the wind would ensure nothing comes our way,.. but just in case

Prepper1... I am so please that you also didnt get a lot of decontamination training,.. so I am not getting forgetfull...lol,... I do remember the fullers earth and the pat down though

Mortblanc,.. I did find old training films for the 70 - 80s showing all the injections,.. though I am fairly certain that I never recieved any,... but I have purchased a few pills,.. namely Sea Kelp which is a common way of protecting the thyroid glands for any chemicals in the air
A major part of survival is invisibility.
8 January 2013, 18:12,
(8 January 2013, 17:54)bigpaul Wrote:
(8 January 2013, 17:51)Barneyboy Wrote: i think a dirty bomb is a real possibility very much so

maybe, but i cant see one being dropped in Norfolk!Tongue

no thank fuck ,no big targets here but big city hubs me thinks
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
8 January 2013, 18:14, (This post was last modified: 8 January 2013, 18:16 by bigpaul.)
i know that people living within a mile of Devonport Dockyard are issued with pills to take in the event of a nuclear "incident", but if there was ever a nuclear explosion i dont think there would be much left of Devonport!Tongue

(8 January 2013, 18:12)Barneyboy Wrote: no thank fuck ,no big targets here but big city hubs me thinks

i've spent time in Norfolk..boy is it flat!! my nearest city is 30 and 40 miles away, well out of the blast area and the prevailing wind here is towards the nearest one.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 January 2013, 18:17, (This post was last modified: 8 January 2013, 18:19 by Barneyboy.)
(8 January 2013, 18:14)bigpaul Wrote: i know that people living within a mile of Devonport Dockyard are issued with pills to take in the event of a nuclear "incident", but if there was ever a nuclear explosion i dont think there would be much left of Devonport!Tongue

no the big bombs droped we in the UK are toast unless you are deep under ground but dirty bombs are more for the fall out

(8 January 2013, 18:14)bigpaul Wrote: i know that people living within a mile of Devonport Dockyard are issued with pills to take in the event of a nuclear "incident", but if there was ever a nuclear explosion i dont think there would be much left of Devonport!Tongue

(8 January 2013, 18:12)Barneyboy Wrote: no thank fuck ,no big targets here but big city hubs me thinks

i've spent time in Norfolk..boy is it flat!! my nearest city is 30 and 40 miles away, well out of the blast area and the prevailing wind here is towards the nearest one.

yeah very flat thats how we like it because we can see you lot comingBig Grin
8 January 2013, 18:25,
[quote='Barneyboy' pid='40895' dateline='1357665452']

no the big bombs droped we in the UK are toast unless you are deep under ground but dirty bombs are more for the fall out

yeah, someone did a chart of the blast areas within the UK in another post, i think the agreement was that smaller bombs were used these days to take out specific targets, and an air burst bomb would take out the infrastructure without destroying anything else( something like that)Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 January 2013, 18:28,
(8 January 2013, 18:25)bigpaul Wrote: [quote='Barneyboy' pid='40895' dateline='1357665452']

yeah, someone did a chart of the blast areas within the UK in another post, i think the agreement was that smaller bombs were used these days to take out specific targets, and an air burst bomb would take out the infrastructure without destroying anything else( something like that)Big Grin

yeah that will do itSmile
8 January 2013, 18:34,
(8 January 2013, 18:28)Barneyboy Wrote: yeah that will do itSmile
i bow to your superior wisdom #doffs cap#Big GrinBig Grin
8 January 2013, 19:36,
Highlander, You should take Kelp everyday it will take some time for the Thyroid to fill. Should Radiation become a problem it will certainly help. Scotland has a lot of Radon, search the internet for Radon areas. Special Radon barrier can be purchased for under the house. Kenneth Eames.
8 January 2013, 19:49,
The Asbestos workers use a towable cabin with a dirty end anf of course a clean end, they hoover each other before leaving the site, enter the cabins dirty end and remove all their single use overalls and gloves. Masks get a filter change and a wash, all contaminated gear is bagged. They then move through to the clean side, shower and change. I suppose you could do this with a couple of toilet tents or so. Not something I am worried about either as the last time they tried something up here people were quewing up to have a kick at a couple of men on fire
8 January 2013, 20:03,
(8 January 2013, 18:12)Barneyboy Wrote:
(8 January 2013, 17:54)bigpaul Wrote:
(8 January 2013, 17:51)Barneyboy Wrote: i think a dirty bomb is a real possibility very much so

maybe, but i cant see one being dropped in Norfolk!Tongue

no thank fuck ,no big targets here but big city hubs me thinks

Thats not what your missus said about your arse Barney....TongueTongueTongue
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...