Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
buying land - where would you buy ?
11 January 2013, 05:42,
buying land - where would you buy ?
Where would you buy land, in rainy England or sunny Southern Spain? The latter has a much longer growing season, it's warmer (less heating fuel) but there's much less rain.

If in the UK, which area would you choose?

Thanks
11 January 2013, 07:24,
RE: buying land - where would you buy ?
the thing about buying in spain or any other country is that if tshtf you will be a an outsider and become a target , in the uk well i bought local , rural within a few miles of were i was born , a few miles away from the nearest town and miles from any city
11 January 2013, 10:14,
if i had the money i would buy some land in North East Devon, within reach of a certain market town which has a twice weekly market and loads of independent shops.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 January 2013, 12:25,
The houses of parliament.
I'd turf the m.p.'s out and turn it into a hostel for all the illegal immigrants that aren't here.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
11 January 2013, 12:27,
(11 January 2013, 12:25)Prepper1 Wrote: The houses of parliament.
I'd turf the m.p.'s out and turn it into a hostel for all the illegal immigrants that aren't here.
no thanks, i wouldnt live in Londonistan if you paid me!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 January 2013, 13:36,
(11 January 2013, 12:25)Prepper1 Wrote: The houses of parliament.

The muslims baught a church near me, and the ilegals flock to it at night time so they can sleep there
11 January 2013, 14:21,
no moslems near me-no jobs and no money- got a black single father and a couple of chinese families, some vietnamese settled in a larger town nearby in the 60s and 70s and their grandchildren are still around, but nearest moslem are in Exeter 30 miles away.some eastern europeans-Polish mainly- in a larger town 25 miles away, see (and hear) them at our local Sunday car boot. if i had the money i'd move out into the hinterland of Northern Devon, "rural, remote, isolated-no near neighbours", i'd like to be away from all human contact 24/7 (apart from when i go shopping of course...and then its only" how much is that?" and "please" & "thank you"....Yes, i can be polite some times!Big Grin)
11 January 2013, 15:57,
I would prefer to buy in Scotland, certainly not europe,.. and probably in the same area I live in now,.. the only land I would buy would be wooded
A major part of survival is invisibility.
11 January 2013, 16:02,
(11 January 2013, 15:57)Highlander Wrote: I would prefer to buy in Scotland, certainly not europe,.. and probably in the same area I live in now,.. the only land I would buy would be wooded

i would like a mixture, say 75% woodland and 25% pasture/paddock, I would need some clear ground for growing stuff and for animals/stock at a later date, but would like the majority of the land to be wooded for firewood, timber and screening purposes.
11 January 2013, 16:08,
I would defo buy land in Spain, warmer and cheaper, you can get a nice plot for as little as 10k, A few more k and get a well ot borehole dug Smile
If you change the way you look at things..The things you look at change !