Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trusting strangers
12 January 2013, 16:43,
Trusting strangers
so the scenario is TS has HTF, your bugging out or maybe even already reached your BOL when your approached by someone else (this could be a group or solo and the same applies to you). this person/group has asked if they can join you but what do you do?

on one hand these people could be useful to you, but on the other they may be trying to get your guard down.

so what do you do?
12 January 2013, 17:36,
RE: Trusting strangers
They wouldn't get chance to approach my bol...
I have measures in place...
Mu hu ha ha ha mu hu ha ha haaaaaa!!!!!!
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
12 January 2013, 17:37,
Its a good question, there are indeed safety in numbers, so extra hands may well prove handy,..... but if life has got so bad that you feel the need to go to your BOL then in fact you have felt the need to hide,...

Having someone there sort of soils that idea,... so I wouldnt be happy to see them, and would try my best to send them away,.. remember that they will take up your resouces even if they are really good people,..and you dont want that

This is why so many people look so hard for that location that is not easily found,...and when you do find it,.. approach it at night, so that no-one knows you are there
A major part of survival is invisibility.
12 January 2013, 17:43,
you know the saying "if you dont know them, havent worked with them, havent spent time with them, then DONT trust them! this goes even more so POST SHTF.Angry
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 January 2013, 18:18,
you cannot trust or take any risk...BIG NO NO remember you don,t know them or even if you did its a NO NO
12 January 2013, 18:27,
i know the people i can trust, i have known them for over 30 years and i can count them on the fingers of one hand!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 January 2013, 18:28,
In my view, Interactions with strangers should only take place if you are desperately in need of a skill, or the strangers are an established group that has stuff to trade. There is too much to lose and too little to gain from letting in strangers. They could bring in disease, be mentally unstable, a scout for raiders, or split the group like the extreme religious guy in Alex Scarrow's "Afterlight." The fact that they are talking to you implies that they could see you from some way away, though with our population density it may just be you being unlucky. Exercise extreme caution. That said, they could be good people, or another survivalist down on their luck, so don't be a sociopath.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
12 January 2013, 18:42,
(12 January 2013, 18:28)Tibbs735 Wrote: don't be a sociopath.

whats wrong with being a sociopath? most of my friends are sociopaths and so am i !Tongue
12 January 2013, 19:03,
NO !!!
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
12 January 2013, 19:15,
I totally agree with those against trusting people, I understand your side of it completely. people are dangerous to be around at the best of times so in the worst of times God knows how they would react.

however as has been said, it could be another prepper. it could be they stumbled across you accidentally or maybe you found them, what if it was someone just out foraging for they're family? the last thing I want to ever do is hurt someone who has honest, good intentions especially if they could be useful to me. even if they had no survival knowledge they could learn and contribute