Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rats after TSHTF
17 January 2013, 12:07,
Rats after TSHTF
http://thesurvivaltribe.com/?p=495
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 January 2013, 12:38, (This post was last modified: 17 January 2013, 12:39 by Metroyeti.)
RE: Rats after TSHTF
Longtails are a problem now, theres some big river rats about now. I also have been attacked by a rat, it charged me I kicked it, it flew off and came back for round two. Fortunatly the second kick made it bounce off some railings and it squealed and buggered off.

You can eat them, but if there eating rotten human corpses will they still be edible?
17 January 2013, 15:59,
(17 January 2013, 12:38)Metroyeti Wrote: Longtails are a problem now, theres some big river rats about now. I also have been attacked by a rat, it charged me I kicked it, it flew off and came back for round two. Fortunatly the second kick made it bounce off some railings and it squealed and buggered off.

You can eat them, but if there eating rotten human corpses will they still be edible?

They say you are never more than a few feet from a rat,...yet I have never seen a single one in over 17 years, and I dont know of anyone who has.

After an event,.. at least you wouldnt starve... Sad
A major part of survival is invisibility.
17 January 2013, 16:31,
(17 January 2013, 15:59)Highlander Wrote: I have never seen a single one in over 17 years, and I dont know of anyone who has.

i've seen two....one sat in our garden in Glastonbury-calmly washing its whiskers, and then again here, it went straight up over a 6ft garden fence like it wasnt there!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 January 2013, 17:17,
There rife in every city, but we are the oned to blame. If people didnt litter so much and feed them we wouldnt have such a large infestation.

its worth reading james herbits the rats, wich is horror/survival book
17 January 2013, 17:18,
(17 January 2013, 12:38)Metroyeti Wrote: You can eat them, but if there eating rotten human corpses will they still be edible?

Yes. No different from them eating other crap, as with all scavengers, get rid of the organs and cook very thoroughly.
18 January 2013, 00:10,
Maybe we'll start seeing roasted rats turning up on those mobile kebab shops late at night. My dad was chased by rats on his motorcycle a few times. He also started his bike whilst a massive old one was asleep in the spokes. Not a pretty sight.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
18 January 2013, 09:24,
I have some rat traps already but will get more thats a short fall in my items I got
19 January 2013, 14:26,
(18 January 2013, 00:10)Tibbs735 Wrote: Maybe we'll start seeing roasted rats turning up on those mobile kebab shops late at night.
Who says your not already? I remember a report in the Newcastle Evening Chronicle, 25-30 years ago about armed police being called out because somebody reported a man with a gun outside a Jason Donovan concert at the city hall and they thought it was somebody out to kill him. Turned out to be the owner of a chinese take away shooting feral pigeons to put in the "chicken" chow mein.
they laugh at us because we're different, we laugh at them because they're all the same
19 January 2013, 14:43,
as long as it tastes good and don't make me sick I'll eat it Smile (most of the time lol)