Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New world order or same old s*%t??
24 January 2013, 14:02,
New world order or same old s*%t??
In order for our society to need to be re-built there would first have to have been a total collapse in the entire social and economic developed world. The reason being that if only this nation were to face collapse the rest of the developed world would step in and rescue us. If you doubt that then look at Greece as a recent example. Although the Greek people are unhappy to accept the aid and the repurcussions economically for their nation it is a fact that they still live a relatively normal day - day life despite economic collapse. It is much more likely that our way of life will be dramatically changed by a far wider spread collapse in social and economic terms internationally. This may be as a result of the almost unbelievable shift in economic and energy supply control from the western world to China and Russia. It may be compounded by shifts in the plannets weather systems which are already effecting the Uk and parts of Europe. With less self relaiance from our own production sources in energy, agriculture and manufacturing we are becoming increasingly vunerable to pressure from supply nations. The West is now in major fianancial debt to China with more and more assetts being owned by them. Russia has already shown its willingness to use gas supplies as an economic lever wit a foreign national. Pressure in the Middle East and massive instablitly in that region is leading to international concerns but are these mere diversions?

In many ways the world is seeing a very different type of pressure than it has historically. The threats feel far less overt than they have previously. The cold war years were frightening with USSR and USA leaderships twitching fingers over triggers but at least there seemed an obvious and open threat. Today it feels like a game of chess that has been getting played for 50 years is drawing towards checkmate.

In any event whether accidental or orchestrated only a total collapse in social and economic terms of the developed world could lead to a complete re-build of society. It is likely that contingency plans are already in place for the collapse of our own economy. The government will have police and military to keep the general population in relative control while they strive to broker deals and find solutions. During that time it is likely martial law would be enforced. Rationing and queing for supplies would become common. Agriculture and food production would have to prioritised and some form of national labour introduced to increase production. With the shift from manual labour to machine based agriculture duringthe previous century so a reverse would have to occur. There is the possibility that measures such as these could sustain most or at least some of the population but if aditional factors are present such as weather related issues then it is unlikely to work in the medium to long term.

As supplies worsen and conditions deteriorate there are likely to be riots and increased tensions for rescources. Eventually we could see almost fuedal or tribal territories appearing with land for hunting and farming becoming a defensible rescource.

Where doe that leave preppers? If any of this is going to happen then those with skills will have value to those without. I believe that the events I have brushed on here are not only possible but reasonble to expect. I intend to make myself and my family "useful and valuable commodities" in a society where the majority may not know a cow from a horse.

A valuable is smething worth protecting after all.
An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)
24 January 2013, 14:20,
RE: New world order or same old s*%t??
it always makes me laugh when someone brings out that old chestnut "Martial Law"....the Army is currently laying off soldiers left right and centre, soon our "Army" will number only 82,000 troops-that one quarter the size it was in the 1960s..... there are 62 million people on this island, 7 million in Londonistan alone....what do you think 82, 000 can do against 62 million?? thats of course if when TSHTF they ALL report for duty..MANY WONT.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 January 2013, 15:19,
(24 January 2013, 14:20)bigpaul Wrote: it always makes me laugh when someone brings out that old chestnut "Martial Law"....the Army is currently laying off soldiers left right and centre, soon our "Army" will number only 82,000 troops-that one quarter the size it was in the 1960s..... there are 62 million people on this island, 7 million in Londonistan alone....what do you think 82, 000 can do against 62 million?? thats of course if when TSHTF they ALL report for duty..MANY WONT.

Its a sad indictment on British society that in any event we are generally law abiding and reticent to protest authority. There would certainly be unrest but in the event of economic collapse the overwhelming majority would accept any order that appeared to be even moderately acceptable. Many would see martial law as just a difficult decision taken by a thoughtful government in response to a difficult situation....look at any nation where its happened in recent years. People will always follow like sheep. 82000 + territorial support + police etc. backed by official legal sanction...... Yes I think that would do it for a good while.
An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)
24 January 2013, 15:23,
Although a good accessment NM .....BP,s account regards boots n helmets is right...they stand no chance of containment they are few WE are many...but your right on the gangs....they will form fast and go for control of areas..... most of police and army will get home to protect their own.....in short total mayhem....automatic weapons will not save any force sheer numbers will sort that out. Control of the masses would be short lived ..it would go bad ....fast...when people are hungry law go,s out the window...people will not believe the bull shit THIS TIME
24 January 2013, 15:30,
its not like it was in WW2..."the Blitz Spirit" no longer exists, we have too many "different" people all with their own agendas, people will not stand for all that "we are in it together" guff any more, people are only interested in SELF "what in it for me?" they wont be interested in what is "good for the nation"...all thats gone out of the window..forever, things will get bad...fast! mob mentality will take over and TPTB will NOT be able to keep control..for very long. as we saw in the riots last year.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 January 2013, 16:49,
(24 January 2013, 15:30)bigpaul Wrote: its not like it was in WW2..."the Blitz Spirit" no longer exists, we have too many "different" people all with their own agendas, people will not stand for all that "we are in it together" guff any more, people are only interested in SELF "what in it for me?" they wont be interested in what is "good for the nation"...all thats gone out of the window..forever, things will get bad...fast! mob mentality will take over and TPTB will NOT be able to keep control..for very long. as we saw in the riots last year.

I don't disagree with the final outcome but in terms of timescale I strongly believe that the UK mentality will have the masses in done measure of control up until it becomes a rat run. When the political leaders run for the hills to their prearranged nests the final remnants of organisation will unravel but it will come too late for many. You say the public won't fall for the bullshit this time? I disagree look at recent events...foot and mouth fishing quotas and the banking crash. While the rest of the world were in the streets rioting and protesting we were forming mildly annoyed but orderly ques outside banks!! We love order in this country and will go a long way to avoid getting our little routines upset.
24 January 2013, 17:07,
Just look at BP s post (i agree with it ) there will be next to no spirit as in ww2 long long gone
24 January 2013, 17:37,
Yes, but Foot and Mouth, Fishing Quotas and The Banking Crisis are NOT life threatening, when it comes down to having food in their bellies or NOT then all hell will break loose and no PTB or "Martial Law" is going to stop them this time, time scale? give it a week or two-no more.
24 January 2013, 18:01,
The blitz spirit you mention does still appear but in small and localised pockets.I totally agree that the sit will eventually hit the fan but I suspect it would be after a few weeks of putting up and queuing for rationed supplies. Moaning and whining about meagre supplies and hunger. When peoplestart to die the riots will begin... There will be resistance from police and military to begin with until soldiers families start to suffer then they will desert and thegang culture will begin with local groups forming to conserve, raid, loot and protect themselves. As peppers we should be ahead of the masses and aim to stay that way.
24 January 2013, 18:18,
there is only one way to be ahead of the game and thats to be no where near a city when all this shit happens, the more people you have needing resources the thinner those same resources will be stretched, and incidentally the easier it will be to be picked on by the "military", any Police forces, or maybe just The Gangs, which ever it is, its not going to be a NICE experience! i dont want to be in a city NOW, after TSHTF its going to be hell on earth!