Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog Ultimatum!!!
25 January 2013, 17:42,
Dog Ultimatum!!!
Okay everyone.

This one is simple, but harsh!!!

The wife has given me an ultimatum...that may have backfired on her.

She's said...Dog or Baby?!?!?!?!?!?

I have negotiated a deal......

I get a gun before we get either a dog or a baby.

So......I've figured my shooty option. Next is to decide the dog :-(

I'm leaning towards a Doberman.

I hate smelly dogs and dribble dogs (so that's 80% ruled out). I'm not going to be cleaning up dog poo either (that's her job already agreed, whether baby or dog poo).

Any information on which would be best for a dog breed?

I want something trainable, but also able to look after itself and any family members. Oh, and we have loads of smaller furry animals that we need to remain uneaten!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
25 January 2013, 17:47,
RE: Dog Ultimatum!!!
(25 January 2013, 17:42)Scythe13 Wrote: Okay everyone.

This one is simple, but harsh!!!

The wife has given me an ultimatum...that may have backfired on her.

She's said...Dog or Baby?!?!?!?!?!?

I have negotiated a deal......

I get a gun before we get either a dog or a baby.

So......I've figured my shooty option. Next is to decide the dog :-(

I'm leaning towards a Doberman.

I hate smelly dogs and dribble dogs (so that's 80% ruled out). I'm not going to be cleaning up dog poo either (that's her job already agreed, whether baby or dog poo).

Any information on which would be best for a dog breed?

I want something trainable, but also able to look after itself and any family members. Oh, and we have loads of smaller furry animals that we need to remain uneaten!!!

well if you r not going to look after it pal clean it clean up after it ,if i was you i would get a stuffed one. or a pet stone or pebble
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
25 January 2013, 17:53,
I agree with Barney, you dont sound ready or right to own a dog.

25 January 2013, 18:02,
if your not going to "poop and scoop" you dont DESERVE a dog!!Angry
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 January 2013, 18:03,
Picking up shit is part and parcel of owning a dog. Both dogs and babies eat and shit, dogs probably do it less. They both require training.
25 January 2013, 18:12, (This post was last modified: 25 January 2013, 18:15 by bigpaul.)
it dosent take much to pick up, i permanently walk around with at least 3 or 4 black "doggy" bags in my back pocket: pull out the "doggy" bag, insert your hand, firmly grasp the doggy "doo-doo" in your bagged hand, then turn said bag inside out and tie of the top- "job" done -as it were!!Big Grin

OH and take the bag home with you or deposit it in litter bin, do not-repeat DO NOT-leave it behind hanging on some tree branch or bush.....that really makes me MAD!!Angry
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 January 2013, 18:48,
Considering she's agreed to scoop the poop, I really don't get the fuss.

Bathing is fine, and I don't want a house to stink of dog.

We'll have a huge garden, live in the countryside, both highly active, and I'm doing a minimum of a years research to get ready for it. It's a dog, not an impulse purchase of a bar of chocolate! The dog will be at the end of 2013 or some time in 2014.

Just because I'm not going to pick up crap, doesn't mean I won't look after the dog. It's actually amusing that you see picking up poo as being the qualifier as a good dog owner. Nothing about training, about diet, about exercise, about dedication or focus. The entire criteria for being a good dog person, according to this thread, is the willingness to pick up a turd!!! I'm genuinely surprised at the reaction.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
25 January 2013, 19:05,
(25 January 2013, 18:48)Scythe13 Wrote: Considering she's agreed to scoop the poop, I really don't get the fuss.

Bathing is fine, and I don't want a house to stink of dog.

We'll have a huge garden, live in the countryside, both highly active, and I'm doing a minimum of a years research to get ready for it. It's a dog, not an impulse purchase of a bar of chocolate! The dog will be at the end of 2013 or some time in 2014.

Just because I'm not going to pick up crap, doesn't mean I won't look after the dog. It's actually amusing that you see picking up poo as being the qualifier as a good dog owner. Nothing about training, about diet, about exercise, about dedication or focus. The entire criteria for being a good dog person, according to this thread, is the willingness to pick up a turd!!! I'm genuinely surprised at the reaction.

oh well you ll get over it
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
25 January 2013, 19:08,
Im sick of playing hopskotch with turds were I live :p dobermans are nice but do come with there fair share of health problems.
25 January 2013, 19:29,
I would go for ...a short haired long nose terrier...or crocodile for short !