Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rough Weather Coming
29 January 2013, 17:30,
Rough Weather Coming
Storm force winds forecast for North West Scotland and the Western Isles for tonight (Tuesday).

Time to batten down the hatches...

(Very mild here today though. Plus 6!)
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
29 January 2013, 18:54, (This post was last modified: 29 January 2013, 18:54 by Scythe13.)
RE: Rough Weather Coming
Today in Taunton....15 degrees! I kid you not!!!

I'm not sure what's going on down here. Opened the door to go outside and it wasn't dissimilar to opening an oven door. Obviously the temperature was different, but the way I was met with a wall or warmth.....fricking crazy. I was freaked out and called a couple of people to see if there's something I missed in the news. Turns out........nothing, until now....12 hours later!

Something is going on with the weather, and we're grossly under informed on what's happening!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
29 January 2013, 19:01,
its been "hissing" down all day here, high winds have ripped the felt off my "garage"/store shed, had to cover everything up, cant do anything until it stops, which it hasnt yet!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 January 2013, 20:16,
As I sit here now,.. its blowing a gale outside and the rains coming down sideways,... the first thing I did when I got home was lowered my radio mast, and the second was to secure the wheel barrow down,...lol, had a hard time finding it after the last time we had a blow

From the direction the winds blows here, there is nothing but flat open moorland for about four miles,.. the first thing the wind hits is the conservatory,...it used to scare the life out of me, I used to stand with my hands on the glass and feel it flexing,... then I realised if it didnt flex it would break,... its been up for well over 15 years now,..and never had a problem,... but there has been times I have sat with the house insurance on the table,....Smile
A major part of survival is invisibility.
29 January 2013, 20:17,
the wind is picking up here.
29 January 2013, 21:10,
Yes,.. getting worse here too...Sad
A major part of survival is invisibility.
29 January 2013, 21:18,
Just seen a couple of tiles leave the workshop heading towards Norway,

Dog is refusing to go out- can't blame her.
Sodomi Non Sapiens.
29 January 2013, 22:03,
wind has picked up a fair bit here....raining
29 January 2013, 22:38,
I use this to keep an eye on our weather, just in case anyone would like to see...

1. http://www.woweather.com/cgi-app/satelli...;CONT=namk
2. click Europe at top left
3. select infrared and 24hr loop at top right
4. watch......yup, looks windy haha!
30 January 2013, 10:26,
Was nice and windy out last night - took the dog for a monster walk. Silly bugger kept looking behind him to see what was touching his tail! Didn't see one other person out on foot for the whole hour and a bit I was out.