Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Westcountry Game Fair 2013
8 March 2013, 11:09,
RE: Westcountry Game Fair 2013
right, just getting my arse in gear getting ready for tomorrow. anyone apart from me and BM going?? just want to know who to look out for!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 March 2013, 11:12,
What's the weather looking like? Although they have an indoor area don't they?
8 March 2013, 11:19,
(8 March 2013, 11:12)BeardyMan Wrote: What's the weather looking like? Although they have an indoor area don't they?
its not looking too bad, not exactly blazing sunshine, but should be ok. yes, about 75% of it is inside, you've got the first "shed"(warehouse thingy) which is usually small stalls, then you go out the end into the next one which i think is the food hall, then out of that into the main hall, open arena, guns and things, if you go out the back of that your out into the open, archery, clay shooting, fly casting and loads more stalls, oh yes, that were the catering stands are too.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 March 2013, 11:21,
Cheers BP.

Me and the little terror will be there about 0900.
8 March 2013, 11:26,
(8 March 2013, 11:21)BeardyMan Wrote: Cheers BP.

Me and the little terror will be there about 0900.

yep, me and "her indoors" should be there about 9 too! you know our vehicle and you cant miss the pair of us!!Big Grin well you didnt at the WG!
9 March 2013, 16:25,
this was a cracking morning out. Good to see BP and his lovely wife again.
Lots to see here, was very impressed. Didn't buy myself anything sharp as it was difficult to squeeze in the stalls with the buggy (no one really wanted to move out of the way either). I did come back with a wicker basket, a smaller wicker basket containing a plant and a little sculptured heart for the missus for mothers day.

Note to self - being dragged around by a toddler on the war path isn't the best way to ensure a productive morning.
9 March 2013, 18:06,
(9 March 2013, 16:25)BeardyMan Wrote: this was a cracking morning out. Good to see BP and his lovely wife again.
Lots to see here, was very impressed. Didn't buy myself anything sharp as it was difficult to squeeze in the stalls with the buggy (no one really wanted to move out of the way either). I did come back with a wicker basket, a smaller wicker basket containing a plant and a little sculptured heart for the missus for mothers day.

Note to self - being dragged around by a toddler on the war path isn't the best way to ensure a productive morning.

good to see BM again, when he wasnt being towed of in the opposite direction by Sid...with a face full of snot- thats Sid not BMBig GrinBig Grin
9 March 2013, 18:15,
(9 March 2013, 18:06)bigpaul Wrote:
(9 March 2013, 16:25)BeardyMan Wrote: this was a cracking morning out. Good to see BP and his lovely wife again.

good to see BM again, when he wasnt being towed of in the opposite direction by Sid...with a face full of snot- thats Sid not BMBig GrinBig Grin

Big Grin You missed the snot producing tantrum!! I'm surprised you didn't hear it though. All the way there he was as good as gold. The second we're in the place he kicks off and goes ballistic! Not even two yet and already just like his mother Wink

They had some interesting engines there, and one "stall" outside was putting a cross split in a log then starting a fire in the middle. Burned for ages they did. I'd completely forgotten about this until I saw it in action again. Great way to have a little fire, especially in places where you're not allowed to burn the grass etc.
9 March 2013, 18:24, (This post was last modified: 9 March 2013, 18:34 by bigpaul.)
i was kicking myself all the way back, had a go on the archery stall-wasnt very good-with a strange bow and people watching me but at least i hit the target-just wasnt in the middle!Big Grin but what i should have done was ask the guy if he wanted to sell the longbow i was using-he had plenty of other bows- he could only have said yes or no, didnt think of it until after we'd left, it was a nice bow. was after a horse bow on Ebay last night but someone out bid me!Angry

i was looking at all the traffic-very heavy around Glastonbury and Street- and i realised the other reason we left Somerset...too many people!!!Big Grin
9 March 2013, 20:47,
We could not make the gig.....baby sitting grandkids....again..should have pm ,d you BP ....my apologies...our lives are not ours...lately