Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Say Goodbye to the Lake District
30 January 2013, 13:45, (This post was last modified: 30 January 2013, 13:47 by BeardyMan.)
Say Goodbye to the Lake District
A protest against a potential nuclear waste store beneath Lakeland's unspoilt Ennerdale valley was held on Saturday 26 January, in advance of a vote by local councils on whether to proceed with the process of finding a site for the huge facility.

The event, staged close to Ennerdale Water by residents' campaign group No Ennerdale Nuclear Dump (NoEND), was attended by around 500 people according to organisers.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67772

AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

PLEASE sign the petition here
30 January 2013, 13:49,
RE: Say Goodbye to the Lake District
I think they should build it, it will have no impact above ground other than the creation of the shaft and head workings. If you understand what they are storing and how it is stored, it is not a problem at all.
30 January 2013, 13:50,
i'd still keep away from there though, especially after TSHTF when there is no one to monitor it.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 January 2013, 13:57,
(30 January 2013, 13:49)BDG Wrote: I think they should build it, it will have no impact above ground other than the creation of the shaft and head workings. If you understand what they are storing and how it is stored, it is not a problem at all.

1sq KM of above ground facilities, access roads built and whatever else is required.

They're on about putting it in a NATIONAL PARK!
Regardless of what it is, the nuclear thing doesn't bother me at all, it's the location. One of the few unspoilt places the UK has left.
30 January 2013, 13:58,
i dont like nuclear, i dont trust nuclear and i wont live near nuclear, thats why we left Somerset.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 January 2013, 14:01,
(30 January 2013, 13:58)bigpaul Wrote: i dont like nuclear, i dont trust nuclear and i wont live near nuclear, thats why we left Somerset.

why what in somerset?
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
30 January 2013, 14:08,
Why don't they put it in london's abandoned stations... oh hang on that's too close to them, that's why they want it up there, far far away in case of accidents...
near the plebs...
Oh wait haven't they just given the go ahead for fracking in the u.k. again, that can cause geological faults to open....
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
30 January 2013, 14:08,
(30 January 2013, 14:01)Barneyboy Wrote:
(30 January 2013, 13:58)bigpaul Wrote: i dont like nuclear, i dont trust nuclear and i wont live near nuclear, thats why we left Somerset.

why what in somerset?

HINCKLEY POINT NUCLEAR POWER STATION EDF are currently setting out the ground works for Hinckey C.Big Grin
30 January 2013, 14:09,
Thats all you have to think about...
If its that safe, why not bury it in Hyde park???
Or nearer parliament....
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
30 January 2013, 14:14,
were running out of space dudes!!!
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!