Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
London power tunnels
30 January 2013, 12:36,
RE: London power tunnels
Aren't there also a few abandoned/non-used underground platforms and offices in the London underground? I don't know what the ventilation is like but they also could be used if suddenly found homeless or in a bug out situation. i bet some are long forgotten...
30 January 2013, 13:32,
I used to work at the ship pub opposite the cluny. They had plans on flooding the river for better acces for the boats further down the river. If its still open let me know, could do with an adventure, but be careful there was a massive problem with heroin addicts and rent boys in 2009/10 so there might be a few syinges dotted around the place.
30 January 2013, 14:39,
(30 January 2013, 13:32)Metroyeti Wrote: I used to work at the ship pub opposite the cluny. They had plans on flooding the river for better acces for the boats further down the river. If its still open let me know, could do with an adventure, but be careful there was a massive problem with heroin addicts and rent boys in 2009/10 so there might be a few syinges dotted around the place.

Ah, they were going to build a lock on the ouseburn I remember. It did not happen, the tunnel should still be open then. I will check it out later and report back.
31 January 2013, 14:21,
There are hundred of tunnels under London. Most, if not all, are recorded by our security services. Personally, I see little benefit from these tunnels unless to can get into them and secure them quickly. Even then, not knowing who they are being secured against is an issue.

I look at the rural sites as reference. You never know when it will come in handy.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
31 January 2013, 21:03,
Personally tunnels would scare the life out of me,... they seem to have everything against them,... they are dark, damp, they will be full of the dreggs of the city,

I can see the thinking of using them for traveling in, but it would be likely to be a more dangerous route than above ground

Having said all that, I am not a city guy, so I may well be wrong
A major part of survival is invisibility.