Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHTF/TEOTWAWKI and the zoo
31 January 2013, 14:31,
Question  SHTF/TEOTWAWKI and the zoo
I was really just interested in what people thought. if there was a big SHTF event what do you think the likelihood of some muppet releasing animals from the zoos? I don't want to have to worry about lions and tigers when bugging out.

Depending on the situation some might get killed off for food.

BBQ elephant leg or a rhino burger anyone? Tongue
31 January 2013, 14:45,
RE: SHTF/TEOTWAWKI and the zoo
(31 January 2013, 14:31)SecretPrepper Wrote: I was really just interested in what people thought. if there was a big SHTF event what do you think the likelihood of some muppet releasing animals from the zoos? I don't want to have to worry about lions and tigers when bugging out.

we've already got some "wild cats" in the countryside released when someone didnt want to license them, then there's the "wild boar" released from farms by the animal liberation lot, then there is wild mink that escaped from fur farms in the 60s, i dont think a few more would make a lot of difference.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
31 January 2013, 14:48,
Im not near any zoos, nearest wild animals are my neighbours. Would be scary having bear/tigers running around. Chance of it happening are extreamly slim I would be more worried about human/feral dogs than the possibilty something had escaped frim the zoo
31 January 2013, 14:53,
(31 January 2013, 14:48)Metroyeti Wrote: Im not near any zoos, nearest wild animals are my neighbours. Would be scary having bear/tigers running around. Chance of it happening are extreamly slim I would be more worried about human/feral dogs than the possibilty something had escaped frim the zoo

any "wild" animal that has escaped or been released from a zoo is going to keep well away from humans, they are more scared of us than the other way round ( shows you just how stupid humans are), its a case of (especially after TSHTF) knowing your area well and knowing what and whom is moving around in it( TRACKS dear boy-tracks!)Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
31 January 2013, 15:00,
Mabye there a demand for prepper shoes that leave bear paw prints rather than boot prints? Lol most people in the uk wouldnt see animal tracks let alone tell you if it was a rabbit/squirel
31 January 2013, 15:00,
(31 January 2013, 14:31)SecretPrepper Wrote: I was really just interested in what people thought. if there was a big SHTF event what do you think the likelihood of some muppet releasing animals from the zoos? I don't want to have to worry about lions and tigers when bugging out.

Dunno about big moggies but I would release any large edible herbivores they had, just as my intention AFTER TSHF to spend some time going around the area freeing the various types of cattle, dairy cows, beef cows, bison, alpacas, pigs, boars, pheasants, grouse, rabbits, chooks etc its better to let them have some slight chance of survival on their own unaided than just to leave em die couped up in their barns and pens. I would prolly release the wolves and beavers and any other critters that were indiginous to these islands before the rich tories hunted them to extinction.

31 January 2013, 15:02,
Always wanted to wrestle a bear, then eat it afterwards when I've kicked the shit out of it.
31 January 2013, 15:03,
(31 January 2013, 15:00)NorthernRaider Wrote: Dunno about big moggies but I would release any large edible herbivores they had, just as my intention AFTER TSHF to spend some time going around the area freeing the various types of cattle, dairy cows, beef cows, bison, alpacas, pigs, boars, pheasants, grouse, rabbits, chooks etc its better to let them have some slight chance of survival on their own unaided than just to leave em die couped up in their barns and pens. I would prolly release the wolves and beavers and any other critters that were indiginous to these islands before the rich tories hunted them to extinction.

better watch out for the farmers 12bore then!Big Grin
31 January 2013, 15:19,
Beardy bear steak is ment to be lovely
31 January 2013, 15:22,
That's a damn good idea.

When TSHTF, our new meeting place, if you're an SW prepper.....Bristol Zoo!!! I have an idea!!! haha
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin