Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOCATION CODES
2 February 2013, 17:49,
LOCATION CODES
Been wondering for a while now , when tshtf how could we contact fellow preppers ( from this site say ) if i needed help or i could give help how would we know where to go , inorder to make contact. Do we have a system in place ? i am from south wales BUT where ? if we had say a rough (close but not to close ref ) in my case my comms is a CB ....lets say barneyboy lives at A26s11 and i head to that location so we could meet up, lets say my callsign is SSA12s4 could that work? A=area s=sector......ss=straightshooter area12section4. any thoughts out there...think NR put something bout codes for radio callsigns could this be used alongside where you are located
3 February 2013, 20:13,
RE: LOCATION CODES
I am guessing that this would only work for people fairly close to you,..say Wales and the border areas.

So its possible that you could make that a bit simpler,.. first you could use you user name `Straight shooter` people already know that so nothing to remember,.. you could give your town [ say Cardiff ],..then you only need one other `code` to get people closer,..then talk them in

So you put out a call... `Straight Shooter` Cardiff B4..... any SUK listening
A major part of survival is invisibility.
4 February 2013, 00:33,
thanks for the reply HL and advice ...which i take onboard..and yes to localize i would agree....but if you had to migrate to other area,s for any reason who knows..may be usefull ...but looks like its of no interest to others so i,ll leave it there...no other replies required but i thank you for yours at least.
4 February 2013, 11:21,
Been thinking about this for some time. The problem is that anything put on here is read by people we don't know and recorded. It could be used against you later. Even if we moved to a more secure venue we are not geared up to stop anyone joining and finding out what we use. We are not in the posution to vet everyone. One of my next articles is about this and it is just my solution. May work for you as well.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin