Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The multiple hidden killers waiting to get you
2 February 2013, 20:31,
© NR 2013
OK its 2116 Labour got back into office the previous year so the country is bankrupt society has collapsed, riots rampaged across the cities, the public services, utilities, power and water systems are gone and the last of the Labour leadership has been executed (hopefully).

You have survived, you are getting on with caring for your family, everyone in your family has to contribute to the communal family or group efforts to ensure you continue to survive and thrive.

BUT ONE DAY perhaps

You cut your hand on a broken glass whilst washing up
or
Your partner snags their hand whilst collecting blackberries and raspberries
or
Your child gets a big splinter in their hand whilst climbing down from the lookout tree
or
Your other child gets a fishing hook through the thumb
or
Your knife slips whilst gutting a rabbit
or
You scratch that insect bite just a bit too deep
or
The guard dog nips your hand accidentally when you feed it

These incidents are no big issue for us today (unless left untreated) but after TSHTF and we no longer have hospitals to rely upon any of those simple little accidents could see you or your loved ones dead.

In a similar vein you could screw up by

Not refitting the lid on the drinking water tank
Not purifying the water
Not preserving the food properly
Not maintaining hygiene protocols
Not cooking the meat properly

I think you are probably already getting what I’m moving towards, Typhus, Cholera, Septicemia, Tetanus, Diphtheria, Mumps, Measles, Polio, E Coli, C-diff etc, all those nasty little buggers are out there in that post collapse world just looking for a way to get inside your body to cause you major harm

So all I really want to beg of you is if your culture, religious or personal beliefs allows please got and get inoculated against as many of the nasties as you can.

ESPECIALLY the Tetanus jab, you know you or members of your family are going to cut / scratch/ hook/ snag/ get bitten/ get stung etc at some point in your struggle to rebuild a life for yourselves, it just makes good sense to take what steps you can NOW to reduce the risk of serious illness LATER.

2 February 2013, 21:27,
RE: The multiple hidden killers waiting to get you
There's a docu-drama on Youtube somewhere about an American family bugging out after TSHTF. THe scenario was a pandemic IIRC. They made it to safety and a new community, but it was an infected cut to the hand that got the main guy in the end.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
2 February 2013, 21:34,
Measels is doing the rounds in the northeast at the minutes.

It is amazing how a tiny cut can cause infection. Recently read an articl about a dog bite on another dog, didnt take it to yhe vets and regretted it. When it went nasty. A vet wrote the article "on the third day god created puss" no matter how clean you think it is, theres always abit of bacteria that you miss
2 February 2013, 22:00,
dont think we have to wait for labour to get in mate the torys are on the way to screwing the UK. bankrupt riots in the street and all of the above .
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
2 February 2013, 22:48,
Well thats another one learnt today....never crossed my mind
3 February 2013, 01:07,
(2 February 2013, 21:34)Metroyeti Wrote: Measels is doing the rounds in the northeast at the minutes.

In America they have Measles parties. Basically, if a kid in the area gets infected, all the parents take their kids to the infected kids house so that their child get measles. With normal nutrition, measles is a weak disease, and when a child catches it, it's pretty harmless. If an adult catches it.....it's much more dangerous. Once you've caught it, you're immune (unless you get German Measles, or they get you). Same with mumps. As a kid....pretty safe. As an adult....pretty unsafe.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
3 February 2013, 05:44,
Is it called shingles when your an adult?
3 February 2013, 11:35,
Fish mox available on ebay... from the u.s. anti biotic human grade.....

Good advice on the inocculations but PLEASE research whats in them first, ask your doctor the brand name of the jabs you'll get and RESEARCH THEM first.
Some injections have been found containins mercury, aluminium and dna...
I'm not saying these things are put in there on purpose it could just be bad manufacturing processes but as we are all prepper who weigh risks up every day dont let this be one you blindly accept just because your doctor says its safe...
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
3 February 2013, 11:47,
Fish Mox, Fish Cillin etc are available on Amazon UK as well.