Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water Power
4 February 2013, 00:39,
Water Power
ok i saw this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LjuZsod4E4

unfortunatly i am rubbish at electronics, but it looks like great way to generate electricty post SHTF. if you camouflage it well no one would seeit or hear it.

Thoughts?...
4 February 2013, 09:34,
RE: Water Power
Yup seen similar concepts before, in practical terms you need a 2 meter head of water to make a viable hydro leccy system

5 February 2013, 20:35,
Water wheels have been a source of power for thousands of years.
If you are lucky enough to have a stream on your property and are looking for backup/off-grid power you should consider some form water wheel.
However few of us have this resource.
It should be noted that in the youtube video he had a 48m head. Very few of us have a waterfall in our back garden Sad
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?
5 February 2013, 20:46,
would this work??
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
6 February 2013, 09:10,
(5 February 2013, 20:35)Skvez Wrote: It should be noted that in the youtube video he had a 48m head. Very few of us have a waterfall in our back garden Sad

HAHA I don't even have a back garden yet. moving into my first house in a few months (touch wood)
6 February 2013, 09:29,
Overshot archamedes screws are more efficient than undershot or overshot wheels I think ?

6 February 2013, 12:27,
(6 February 2013, 09:29)NorthernRaider Wrote: Overshot archamedes screws are more efficient than undershot or overshot wheels I think ?

CorrectSmile overshot systems are more efficient due to gravity acting in tandem with the force and weight of water. The Monastic European orders were masters at utilising water, their "stew pond" methods are a fantastic example of permaculture.