Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asteroid DA14 on 15th of Feb
4 February 2013, 11:40,
Asteroid DA14 on 15th of Feb
http://earthsky.org/space/asteroid-2012-...th-in-2013

4 February 2013, 11:47,
RE: Asteroid DA14 on 15th of Feb
I wonder if we could somehow steer it towards Parliament.....
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
4 February 2013, 11:49, (This post was last modified: 4 February 2013, 11:50 by NorthernRaider.)
Oh I wish, I truly do, Parliament or preferably the entire south east corner of the UK, the world would be so much better off.Smile

On a serious note I admit I have not got the foggiest idea what to do if a survival impact occured cos of the various air and ground based shockwaves are supposed to be immense !!!

4 February 2013, 11:53,
I think its too small to do to much damage.
Well unless it lands on or near your house....

I quote "same approximate realm as the Tunguska comet (which, actually, might have been an asteroid instead). It would not destroy Earth, but it could flatten a city".

Bit like artillery or large moab's me thinks...

As long as your nowhere near the landing site you'll be ok.
4 February 2013, 11:54,
Millions of preppers and astronomers walking into lamp posts on the 15th I reckon

4 February 2013, 11:55, (This post was last modified: 4 February 2013, 11:59 by Prepper1.)
I've done that before now... it hurts.... and boy do the kids laugh....TongueTongueTongue

Most folks recon a land impact from any celestial body would be very unlikely as we're mainly a water planet with a bit of land...
Still...
Bit of inconvienience if it landed anywhere near I suppose, not much else... my brat would love it if it landed on his school.