Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fake Police/Military uniforms
7 February 2013, 15:27,
Fake Police/Military uniforms
I'm just wondering something possibly clever, but possibly very dangerous.

Would it be worth getting military clothing on the basis that it would be easier to blend into the background (camo), but more importantly, people's conformity to authority?

If you saw a group of 5 military outfitted guys coming up a road, would you obey their orders? It's much more believable that military personnel would be able to help, and thus you'd be much more likely for people to be open about what was available and what they had with them, e.g. preps. Also, it would be easier to take control of a situation if you're in a uniform.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
7 February 2013, 15:34,
RE: Fake Police/Military uniforms
(7 February 2013, 15:27)Scythe13 Wrote: I'm just wondering something possibly clever, but possibly very dangerous.

Would it be worth getting military clothing on the basis that it would be easier to blend into the background (camo), but more importantly, people's conformity to authority?

If you saw a group of 5 military outfitted guys coming up a road, would you obey their orders? It's much more believable that military personnel would be able to help, and thus you'd be much more likely for people to be open about what was available and what they had with them, e.g. preps. Also, it would be easier to take control of a situation if you're in a uniform.

probably not, in my area Camo is normal working gear, anyone can wear it, so just cos someone's wearing it dosent mean their in the military. now police uniform might be a different matterBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 February 2013, 16:32, (This post was last modified: 7 February 2013, 16:36 by Prepper1.)
Trust me, you can tell the difference.
Plus in a shtf situation the military would have sa80's so unless you have a few of those stashed....
also the way both for police and military that the uniform is worn gives the game away.

If you came across real millitary post shtf and you were wearing uniform, you may well be shot on sight.

Even the way your beret is worn tells if your real or not.

If you had previous military experience, uniforms, weapons etc... you'd more than likely get away with it because you never really leave, so all the mannerisms and military quirks remain for life. civvy's don't have that.

Try it if you like but make sure you can run fast.........
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
7 February 2013, 16:44,
I can smell a squaddie or veteran from miles away and i can usually spot em because of their mannerisms, most sheeple dressing like squaddies stick out like sore thumbs, EG I've never met a civvie or even an army recruit who knows how to wear a beret properly without looking like a prat, few civvies or new squaddies know how wto wear a combat smock, carry a rifle tactically or even fasten combat boots properly.

7 February 2013, 18:14,
(7 February 2013, 16:44)NorthernRaider Wrote: I can smell a squaddie or veteran from miles away and i can usually spot em because of their mannerisms, most sheeple dressing like squaddies stick out like sore thumbs, EG I've never met a civvie or even an army recruit who knows how to wear a beret properly without looking like a prat, few civvies or new squaddies know how wto wear a combat smock, carry a rifle tactically or even fasten combat boots properly.

^^^^ This is so true, a squadie knows a squadie.

....and anyway, after the shtf, it could well be that a uniform may make people less willing to open up and cooperate,... many may simple try and hide away, not willing to trust anyone in authority
A major part of survival is invisibility.
7 February 2013, 18:29,
A uniform will signify the state and this SHTF is being caused by the state.

7 February 2013, 18:31,
post SHTF i will be keeping away from anyone who looks like they are even remotely wearing a uniform, first glimpse and i go in the opposite direction!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 February 2013, 20:53,
if i spotted people coming up the road dressed in uniforms, if they hadnt seen me i would be laying low and observing them. i wouldnt make myself known unless it was on my terms and that was what i wanted.
Winter is coming
9 February 2013, 23:28,
Im hiding if I see a slight uniform from a distance, but its amazing what people fall for with people wearing as little as a hi vis vest, that makes them look the real deal according to the sheeple.
11 February 2013, 03:20,
(9 February 2013, 23:28)Metroyeti Wrote: Im hiding if I see a slight uniform from a distance, but its amazing what people fall for with people wearing as little as a hi vis vest, that makes them look the real deal according to the sheeple.
I remember being told about an RAF base where the high ranking officers started changing their ID at the entrance of the base. Some were flashing library cards, Nectar cards, and stuff like that, and still getting into the base. The best one was a guy that flashed a piece of toast and was granted access.

I can only assume the guards recognised the officers, or were so stunned by the toast that thry were unable to react haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin