Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Band of Brothers, Series....yes it's fitness.
9 February 2013, 20:43, (This post was last modified: 9 February 2013, 20:47 by Scythe13.)
RE: Band of Brothers, Series....yes it's fitness.
(9 February 2013, 16:07)bigpaul Wrote: well i havent run anywhere, not even for a bus since i was 50 odd-i'm now 64 nearly 65, i've got flat feet so was NEVER that good at running anyway-we cant ALL be athlete's!Big Grin in a post SHTF situation you've got to SAVE your stamina and NOT go dashing here, there and everywhere...incidentally thats a good way to get shot!Tongue
Why can't we all be athletes? When we were kids we were all runners, running around for hours at a time.

Anyway, who said to run all the time? I said about running to save a loved one who is being attacked.

Also, running is a good way to be seen, you're right. But once you are seen, running is a good way to become harder to shoot than sitting still. Staying put just lets the attackers get closer.

I honestly believe that anyone thinking 'skills' will be enough to survive a post SHTF situation, is going to end up dead.

Picture this: You're in the woods, you're spotted and soneone opens fire (shotgun, bow and arrow, whatever). What will you do?
from. Okay w what?
C. Hide...until they find you. You're not Mr/Mrs invisible. If they want, they'll find you. You can't stealthily run away if

Hate replying using my phone!!!

Last post continued.

Shot at in woods...
A. Run away.
B. Hide and hope you're imitation of a rock will make them think they never saw a person.
C. Stealthily slink away...because moving slowly makes you harder to hit.
D. Start burrowing.
E. Hide in a fox-hole you built ages ago, and wait there hoping the person forgets they shot at you?
F. Imitate Abraham Lincoln and have the attacker believe they're dreaming.

No really, what would you do?

Whatabout if your family was under attack?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Band of Brothers, Series....yes it's fitness. - by Scythe13 - 9 February 2013, 20:43