Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prepping, starting to change my mind
8 February 2013, 15:09,
RE: Prepping, starting to change my mind
I would love to move further out into the glorious North Devon countryside, rural, remote, isolated, NO neighbours but until i win the lottery we are stuck here, dont get me wrong its nice here but i dont really DO people, i'd like to live in a very old "rustic" property with no electricity, no mains water(a well or a spring), no mains drainage(a cesspit or a soakaway), as long as it had a working chimney and a bit of land-say half an acre would do, and access to some woodland for firewood. i would then do a monthly run to the supermarket, thats the only time i want to see people, and then its only "please" and "thank you" and "how much is that?" and then bugger off home again for another month without people.Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 February 2013, 15:10,
If we had virginity test and set an IQ limit of 100 for members that would exclud 90 of society and 100% of the Labour party Smile

8 February 2013, 15:13,
Well that's the thing...
you've got to have standards...TongueTongue
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
8 February 2013, 15:15,
(8 February 2013, 13:42)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(8 February 2013, 13:10)David075 Wrote:
(8 February 2013, 12:59)NorthernRaider Wrote: Would not be so bad if we could choose who follows us out the cities but because there are still some available council houses out here they are moving chavs, immigrants, etc out here and abandoning them and of course they instantly turn destructive.

What about a move to one of the Scottish isles then ? if you don't want to be to far away then arran or millport ?

Already looking into it Smile may be a step to far for us but a move further north is being explored, AL is nagging me to visit his AOO to check it out.

P1 I thought the JW had a few erm Retreats or rest / education/ residential places out in the boonies because they encourage their bretheren to get closing to jehova through nature, thats why they are so iffy about many modern medical practices, Shirley your good lady would be closer to her prophet / maker if she moved away from the cities ??? ( not very well up on religion TBH )

I looked into the island of millport 8 mins on the ferry to largs 45 min drive from there to Glasgow.
8 February 2013, 15:17, (This post was last modified: 8 February 2013, 15:18 by Prepper1.)
whats the population??
and would they mind being a prepper colonoy after shtf?

Also growing seasons...
hows the weather that far north?
8 February 2013, 15:23, (This post was last modified: 8 February 2013, 15:24 by NorthernRaider.)
(8 February 2013, 15:15)David075 Wrote:
(8 February 2013, 13:42)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(8 February 2013, 13:10)David075 Wrote:
(8 February 2013, 12:59)NorthernRaider Wrote: Would not be so bad if we could choose who follows us out the cities but because there are still some available council houses out here they are moving chavs, immigrants, etc out here and abandoning them and of course they instantly turn destructive.

What about a move to one of the Scottish isles then ? if you don't want to be to far away then arran or millport ?

Already looking into it Smile may be a step to far for us but a move further north is being explored, AL is nagging me to visit his AOO to check it out.

P1 I thought the JW had a few erm Retreats or rest / education/ residential places out in the boonies because they encourage their bretheren to get closing to jehova through nature, thats why they are so iffy about many modern medical practices, Shirley your good lady would be closer to her prophet / maker if she moved away from the cities ??? ( not very well up on religion TBH )

I looked into the island of millport 8 mins on the ferry to largs 45 min drive from there to Glasgow.

Note sure but vaguely remember someone else like perhaps The Local Ned expressing an interest in millport ??

Much of northumberland would be absolutely perfect for me and my family, so long as its well inland.

8 February 2013, 15:28,
I'd claim redesdale forest as your own.
Got its own pond and everything.
Get some carp in it now...
8 February 2013, 15:31,
I used to dream about an island on I think it was Derwentwater or Wastwater but found out quite by accident it had a bloody occupied family home on it !!!, crafty beggars it could not be seen from the water.

8 February 2013, 15:34,
Theres some lovely hidden places about.
Find 'em mark em on the map for future perusal...
8 February 2013, 15:44,
(8 February 2013, 15:34)Prepper1 Wrote: Theres some lovely hidden places about.
Find 'em mark em on the map for future perusal...

been doing that for the last 3 years, after a remark online by a certain NR! i call it my "resources" map!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.