Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prepping, starting to change my mind
8 February 2013, 13:07,
RE: Prepping, starting to change my mind
Just because we're townies, doesn't mean we don't have aspirations to be more like tarrel, highlander or yourself etc.

Or that we don't appreciate your advice, even though your are a nagger sometimes...Tongue:

Some, like me just don't have the means to move to the highlands and islands although I dearly would love too.

I'm a country boy and living in a town does my cake in.

Don't get me wrong I have plenty of valid skills to offer such as carpentry, electrical, mechanical etc.. and can turn my hand to anything quick as a flash.

The wife just wont have any of it.
Besides she's a bit religious you see and thinks Jehovas going to save her...Angry: so she wont stray too far from her "congregation"

Cant stand the stuff (religion) myself poison if you ask me...

And soft touch that I am, I'm not willing to do my daughter who's 5 without a dad just so I can go too a remote place...Sad

Theres a lot in the same boat, stuck, not because we don't hear your preaching N.R. because by god you do a lot of itBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Its good sound advice and god help me your growing on meConfusedConfusedConfused

Sometimes when you have "drag along's " i.e. partners or kids that aren't as willing or interested as we are it's difficult to do what you knows right, i.e. moving to a better place.

What we could do with is a remote prepper with a spot of land.
Who's willing to site some Prepper caravans on it.
We could pay yearly rents to that prepper therefore providing a motive and reason for them to give up some land.

We would all feel better knowing post shtf we had a safe retreat full of like minded people.

Even if we never meet before, we could have say a regular time of year that we could go maybe to meet up and do the kum by ya bit for a bit of prepper bonding etc...
We could then build a prepper community around that and have it as "the " place to go for all of us post shtf.

Any preppers in remote areas with land willing to do that?

Its a long shot but you never know...
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prepping, starting to change my mind - by Digger - 8 February 2013, 11:35
RE: Prepping, starting to change my mind - by Prepper1 - 8 February 2013, 13:07
RE: Prepping, starting to change my mind - by Digger - 8 February 2013, 14:16
RE: Prepping, starting to change my mind - by Digger - 8 February 2013, 14:47
RE: Prepping, starting to change my mind - by Digger - 8 February 2013, 14:58