Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bag internal lining - waterproofing.
9 February 2013, 15:51,
Bag internal lining - waterproofing.
Got a new bag today.

It was super cheap (you'll all hate me if I told you what it is and how much for, so we'll leave that) and I'm going to be modifying it soon.

One thing I'm going to do it reline the internals of the bag for waterproofing as best as I can.

Other bag mods will include, cushioning the sunglasses liner part, adding a waist strap section for running with it, but making it concealable so I don't look odd with it hanging down. I'm looking to add a concealed pouch for knives and the alike, strengthening the phone holder, and other such things.

Not s super long thread, I bet, as moding a bag isn't sexy or cool. But if you mod a bag correctly, it'll last longer and be much more practical.

Off to a material shop now to get some stuff sorted. Back soon with more info and will update this with pics as time goes by. Either that or I'll make a separate thread for the mods, and this thread can be for suggestions and ways that you lot have managed successful mods.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
9 February 2013, 18:35,
RE: Bag internal lining - waterproofing.
hey everybody to there own... its not the bag the blow up doll came in is it???
There not that strong you know...TongueTongueTongue
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
9 February 2013, 18:58,
(9 February 2013, 18:35)Prepper1 Wrote: hey everybody to there own... its not the bag the blow up doll came in is it???
There not that strong you know...TongueTongueTongue

No, not that bag. But I do really appreciate you giving that bag to me. Hope the doll is working out for you.
13 February 2013, 13:23,
What material are you using to waterproof it?
13 February 2013, 14:05,
(13 February 2013, 13:23)BeardyMan Wrote: What material are you using to waterproof it?

Probably neoprene or I'll just get a small wet-sack and line that into it.
13 February 2013, 14:15,
(13 February 2013, 14:05)Scythe13 Wrote:
(13 February 2013, 13:23)BeardyMan Wrote: What material are you using to waterproof it?

Probably neoprene or I'll just get a small wet-sack and line that into it.

Cool. I'd go with the wet-sack - neoprene isn't waterproof (that's the wet-suit material.

Could you achieve the same by giving the bag a damn good coating of nikwax or something? Depends on the material of the bag I suppose. Concealed pouch sounds very handy - be interested to see pics when it's done. I've considered doing the same, but still haven't picked the best location for the hidden pocket to go yet.
13 February 2013, 14:29,
nikwax would work but for a paint on or stray on waterproofer I'd go for Fabsil or Storm reproofer as these are the two that are highly recommended on the camping forums for stop tents leaking and both can be used on any fabric
13 February 2013, 15:03,
have you heard you lot? you sound like a load of pooftas talking about their latest kinky handbags!!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 February 2013, 15:05,
(13 February 2013, 15:03)bigpaul Wrote: have you heard you lot? you sound like a load of pooftas talking about their latest kinky handbags!!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

You coming out of the closet and into the fold? Tongue Big Grin
13 February 2013, 15:13,
(13 February 2013, 15:05)BeardyMan Wrote:
(13 February 2013, 15:03)bigpaul Wrote: have you heard you lot? you sound like a load of pooftas talking about their latest kinky handbags!!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

You coming out of the closet and into the fold? Tongue Big Grin

i'll treat that comment with the "respect" it deserves!Angel
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.