Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh F*** NRs Solar panel has arrived and ....
11 February 2013, 11:21, (This post was last modified: 11 February 2013, 11:23 by NorthernRaider.)
Oh F*** NRs Solar panel has arrived and ....
And the instructions are in Chinglish !!! so look for a mushroom cloud rising over County Durham !!!

Example of the instructions
" With Perfect memory function the controller can according to the interupt mode of work in front when the controller is renergised !!!!"

I just know I'm going to break it within hours !!!

Me and electronics is like a Geordie trying to plat football, a disasterous waste of time Smile

Bollard cell converse connection converse charge protection at night !!!!! Jeez !!

You can set any value at 10 minutes to 15 hours realization of timing accuracy fine !!!! Eh?

11 February 2013, 11:32,
RE: Oh F*** NRs Solar panel has arrived and ....
See thread on "Second Language as a Survival Skill"!
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
11 February 2013, 11:40, (This post was last modified: 11 February 2013, 11:45 by NorthernRaider.)
You Twat !!!!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile

I was going to say "Poke Mahoe" which I believe is rude words in Gaelic, but thought better of it Smile

11 February 2013, 11:47,
I'll take that in the spirit it was intended! ;-)
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
11 February 2013, 11:57, (This post was last modified: 11 February 2013, 11:58 by NorthernRaider.)
Thank god for that Smile

Just blown the fuse on the carge controller playing with it ( sticking a multi meter I dont know how to use properly into various sockets)

11 February 2013, 13:55,
Bugger thought I had it sorted but AL is advising me not to use my type of st up unless its connected to a deep cycle battery, so I shall have to set the PV kit aside for a few weeks.

11 February 2013, 16:06,
NR, I have to admire you. No matter how many times you screw things up you are still willing to just fuck about with things. This is what differentiates us from our parents. They are scared to fiddle. When it all goes pear shaped you will be kept away from the toys and used for things you are much better at. Smile
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
11 February 2013, 16:37,
Your first point of fail: Reading the instructions.

Just do what I do. Look at the wires, take a rough guess as to where you think they should go. Connect it all together, turn it on and stand well back. 9 times out of 10 it works perfectly.

Have you got any pics of the charge controller? There should be some sort of picture to give you a hint as to what connections go where
11 February 2013, 17:06, (This post was last modified: 11 February 2013, 17:08 by NorthernRaider.)
If it definately positively has to be electronically fucked up overnight NR it. Radios to charge controllers you name it I'll kill it Smile

Errrrr is this charge controller thingy steam powered cos its smoking !!! ?

(11 February 2013, 16:06)Skean Dhude Wrote: NR, I have to admire you. No matter how many times you screw things up you are still willing to just fuck about with things. This is what differentiates us from our parents. They are scared to fiddle. When it all goes pear shaped you will be kept away from the toys and used for things you are much better at. Smile

How else am I gonna learn?, none of you twats live close enough to help,Smile I have to rely on my pet electrogeek to advise and he is not online and lives on a remote Scotish island Smile

(11 February 2013, 16:06)Skean Dhude Wrote: NR, I have to admire you. No matter how many times you screw things up you are still willing to just fuck about with things. This is what differentiates us from our parents. They are scared to fiddle. When it all goes pear shaped you will be kept away from the toys and used for things you are much better at. Smile

11 February 2013, 17:10,
(11 February 2013, 17:06)NorthernRaider Wrote: Errrrr is this charge controller thingy steam powered cos its smoking !!! ?

HAhahahahahahahahahaaaaa. That's got to be the funniest thing I've read on here for ages! Big Grin

I'd say "no", it's probably not supposed to emit smoke.

Sounds like you've got it wired up the wrong way round. Have you got it connected to a battery already? Connect the panels to the controller first, make sure that's right, then connect the charge controller to the battery.

Any sparks / smoke / strange sounds aren't a new built in feature Big Grin