Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh F*** NRs Solar panel has arrived and ....
7 August 2013, 11:25,
RE: Oh F*** NRs Solar panel has arrived and ....
I've got electrical background and have installed my own solar setups for supplying mains to the house.

[Image: pv8.jpg]
Control Station

Presently experimenting with two 24v off grid setups through a bank of ultra deep cycle sealed batteries plus controllers and inverters. Also one 12v set up using an AGM ultra deep cycle battery with controller and inverter.

Finally, a grid tie set up which, although not installed by an MCS accredited company (cos I did it myself), is up to their standards, ie MCS panels, connectors and cabling plus using G83 grid tie inverter.

I'm pleased to say that everything is working well but there's been a learning curve with some of the products![Image: tongue3.gif]

BEWARE, it can be a minefield cos there are so many different solar panels (12/24v etc), batteries (AGM/sealed/gel/etc), controllers (standard/PWM/MPPT), inverters (12/24/48v modulated/pure sine wave, grid tie) etc.

VERY important you match up properly and protect the cabling/equipment with adequate fuses. Amperage will catch most people out here so plan carefully!

If anyone needs help, I'm happy to oblige.[Image: thumbsup3.gif]
I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!

Messages In This Thread
NR Solar panel help - by Skvez - 11 February 2013, 18:54
RE: Oh F*** NRs Solar panel has arrived and .... - by Nix - 7 August 2013, 11:25