natty gadget for charging phones
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...z2KbCnYnra

11 February 2013, 20:40,
RE: natty gadget for charging phones
Looks pretty nifty
11 February 2013, 23:19,
Its just a solar panel under another name isn't it
A major part of survival is invisibility.
11 February 2013, 23:23,
(11 February 2013, 23:19)Highlander Wrote: Its just a solar panel under another name isn't it

naa its a mini stirling engine.

12 February 2013, 05:11, (This post was last modified: 12 February 2013, 05:23 by Scythe13.)
(11 February 2013, 23:19)Highlander Wrote: Its just a solar panel under another name isn't it

Kind of, but works using the heating or cooling system. Kind of like inducing a part of the fridge, whether the coolant tubes inside, or the radiator tubes on the back, and using that to excite electrons and thus creating electricity.

There's a really cool fridge system that you actually put in a fire. Uses the same basic principles. You put it in a fire to heat it up, then the function of the vessel is reversed naturally, once out of the fire, and thus creates a nice cooler inside to the unit.

Just read the article properly, says it uses a sterling engine in it to create electricity.

The mechanism is pretty clever. Never heard of a sterling engine before (if I have then it didn't stick in my mind).

Pretty cool really.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
12 February 2013, 10:02,
i've got a charger that works off the car cigarette lighter, i believe there are ones you can get on a wind up radio that will do the same thing.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 February 2013, 11:42,
A thermocouple / thermopile would do just as good, if not better job. That works on heat difference between its sides, so one side near a fire and one pointing away and it will generate electricity.