Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wonder if UK preppers will ever see.......
13 February 2013, 15:33,
I wonder if UK preppers will ever see.......
......Enough progress made so that some preppers cooperate to a point that they make each others home locations their BOLs.

or

Enough progress made so that groups of preppers cooperate to invest in a place or parcel of land to set aside as a group BOL?

13 February 2013, 16:05,
RE: I wonder if UK preppers will ever see.......
i doubt it somehow.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 February 2013, 16:14,
Seriously don't think that'll happen.
13 February 2013, 16:23,
some forum's i have been on, NONE have got off their backsides to go to a RV, you seriously think their gonna do anything more ?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 February 2013, 16:24,
I think that taking a pessimistic view on the coordinating efforts of preppers is certainly detritus, and counter productive toward the concept itself.

I think it's pretty easy to get things up and running. We don't need to lambast ALL preppers, whether on this forum or elsewhere, about not meeting up. Some of us do meet, and when we do, we happen to get along very well. It's not a hard stretch of the imagination to see something coming together at some time or another.

Negatively viewing people's dedication is going to put off ALL preppers. If you were new to the forum, and suddenly a meet came apparent, you'd be well excited! Then you read about people not turning up and comments about how 'You're wasting your time' coupled with 'I tried this meet and that, and nobody is reliable' is simply going to put them off and becomes a vicious circle.

There are MANY preppers I trust and believe will turn up if I ask them to. Having said that, I have been caught with bad luck, twice, with SD and have been unable to make it to see him. Both times I felt like utter s**t for letting him down, but there was nothing I could do about it.

Beardy has a meet coming up soon, and I can't wait to be there. I'm really looking forward to it. If something comes up and I can't make it (REALLY NOPE NOT) then he'll be understanding and not have a go and keep bringing it up. SD makes a joke about it, but I know he trusts me.

So, to answer your question.....YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT IT CAN, AND PROBABLY WILL, HAPPEN!!!!

Having a negative view is simply stinting the progress.

Imaging going into a school as a teacher and saying to all the kids "You're all wasting your time. None of you are going to go anywhere and achieve anything!" at the start of everyday and then starting the class. That'll not encourage them, empower them, or benefit them. There might be one of two that get up and do that, just to spite you, but we're not kids and we don't take to "I'm going to make it happen just to spite teacher!!!" Infact, more than likely, people will stop respecting teacher and start to believe that teacher doesn't have the qualifications or the ability to excite the school children enough to take action and get off the butts and take action.

Will it happen? Yes, you're damn right it'll happen.
Will you be a part of it? Well, if negativity is a characteristic a group is looking for in a member, then.......
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
13 February 2013, 16:27,
Yes, I have plans in place with 2 others that should anything happen then we all decamp to one of three locations (our homes). Makes sense at that's where all our gear is.
13 February 2013, 16:34,
sorry Scythe, i know your trying to be upbeat but i've been around a lot longer than you have and i know just what people are like, i have tried to organise RV's, i had a list of 8+ people plus OH's who were going to turn up, who turned up? just NR and his family..no one else, got the usual excuses afterwards, last year was a little better, got to meet 2 other preppers, maybe it'll be 3 this year? so dont hold your breath, when it comes to organising anything-apathy rules, its just human nature i guess but if people CAN let you down then they WILL.
13 February 2013, 16:50,
(13 February 2013, 16:24)Scythe13 Wrote: Beardy has a meet coming up soon, and I can't wait to be there. I'm really looking forward to it. If something comes up and I can't make it (REALLY NOPE NOT) then he'll be understanding and not have a go and keep bringing it up.

No chance.

If you don't turn up I'll be forced to come and abduct you Big Grin
13 February 2013, 16:55,
In support of BPs comments I and other preppers i know have given over a years advance notice of RVs and yet find people say its not convenient, or they cant get a baby sitter or cant get time off work even with a years notice, then others go on and on about how they will turn up but on the day are missing. IIRC I think thats happened to SD a few times as well. So much BS its not funny any more.
Anyhow getting back on topic if we may its NOT RVs I'm talking about its proper cooperation between preppers I'm enquiring of pleas Smile

13 February 2013, 16:56,
i would love to meet other prepper uk wide but restricted on travel until september time but in meantime anyone wanting to meet up in north east then am up for that