Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wonder if UK preppers will ever see.......
13 February 2013, 16:24,
RE: I wonder if UK preppers will ever see.......
I think that taking a pessimistic view on the coordinating efforts of preppers is certainly detritus, and counter productive toward the concept itself.

I think it's pretty easy to get things up and running. We don't need to lambast ALL preppers, whether on this forum or elsewhere, about not meeting up. Some of us do meet, and when we do, we happen to get along very well. It's not a hard stretch of the imagination to see something coming together at some time or another.

Negatively viewing people's dedication is going to put off ALL preppers. If you were new to the forum, and suddenly a meet came apparent, you'd be well excited! Then you read about people not turning up and comments about how 'You're wasting your time' coupled with 'I tried this meet and that, and nobody is reliable' is simply going to put them off and becomes a vicious circle.

There are MANY preppers I trust and believe will turn up if I ask them to. Having said that, I have been caught with bad luck, twice, with SD and have been unable to make it to see him. Both times I felt like utter s**t for letting him down, but there was nothing I could do about it.

Beardy has a meet coming up soon, and I can't wait to be there. I'm really looking forward to it. If something comes up and I can't make it (REALLY NOPE NOT) then he'll be understanding and not have a go and keep bringing it up. SD makes a joke about it, but I know he trusts me.

So, to answer your question.....YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT IT CAN, AND PROBABLY WILL, HAPPEN!!!!

Having a negative view is simply stinting the progress.

Imaging going into a school as a teacher and saying to all the kids "You're all wasting your time. None of you are going to go anywhere and achieve anything!" at the start of everyday and then starting the class. That'll not encourage them, empower them, or benefit them. There might be one of two that get up and do that, just to spite you, but we're not kids and we don't take to "I'm going to make it happen just to spite teacher!!!" Infact, more than likely, people will stop respecting teacher and start to believe that teacher doesn't have the qualifications or the ability to excite the school children enough to take action and get off the butts and take action.

Will it happen? Yes, you're damn right it'll happen.
Will you be a part of it? Well, if negativity is a characteristic a group is looking for in a member, then.......
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
RE: I wonder if UK preppers will ever see....... - by Scythe13 - 13 February 2013, 16:24