Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meteor shower in Russia causes damage to building and hurts people
15 February 2013, 12:49,
RE: Meteor shower in Russia causes damage to building and hurts people
NR, it's either they haven't cottoned on or aren't allowed to tell us.
15 February 2013, 12:56,
Prolly let it be known after the big bugger passes tonight just to stop the sheeple phoning the town council demanding the meteor is banned they demand protection plus compo for the fear it caused.( yeah I'm a cynic but what can you do ? )

15 February 2013, 13:01, (This post was last modified: 15 February 2013, 13:01 by Prepper1.)
I think from what I read its passing by austrailia...some sites said it will be visible with high powered binos.

Knowing our luck it'll detour and hit fukashima...
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
15 February 2013, 15:03,
Should be able to see it about half nine/ ten o'clock tonight going roughly south to north very quickly

http://bayfordbury.herts.ac.uk/files/2012DA14-path.pdf for a map.

The big security fuss is that it's damaged a gas tank or two at a Zinc factory there, which may or may not cause, to use a technical term "a F'ing great big boom" if it goes up too in sympathy at it's fallen 10 ton brother from another oxide.
Sodomi Non Sapiens.
15 February 2013, 15:33,
now this is why i love this site ,cheers guys for the imfo!!!
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
15 February 2013, 16:10,
A meteor shower, how do we prep for this ? I don't think there is much we can do but a good example of the threat posed by nature.
15 February 2013, 16:32,
Day of the Triffids anyone??
Respect existence or expect resistance!
15 February 2013, 16:51, (This post was last modified: 15 February 2013, 16:52 by NorthernRaider.)
(15 February 2013, 16:32)Ghost Wrote: Day of the Triffids anyone??

Well Triffids originated in the Urals IIRC, can I be Bill Masen ?

Just thinking SD would make a great Torrence cos he reminds me of Eddie Izzard Smile

15 February 2013, 20:10,
(15 February 2013, 10:46)Geordie_Rob Wrote: It's got me wondering 2 things.
1) Why 20,000 emergency workers are being dispatched for 500 injured (some specified as cuts & bruises or 'walking wounded').
2) why are soldiers being dispatched to guard the impact sites
I never gave a thought to the 3hr/same latitude thing but just shows how lucky we are.

1) and 2): just for clarification: there is a huge military force (mainly recruits) called the "interior force" or something like that in russia, it is used for policing in the emergency situations or war time, fighting wild fires, control man made disasters, guarding prison camps and guarding strategic civilian and military facilities.

they wear military style uniforms (difference with the actual military forces is the shoulder patch, for the "interior force" the shoulder patch is red with the letters "BB".

so if those units around the city of Chelyabinsk were alerted on higher level in the region known for lot of the defense industry enterprises it is the plausible number.

in the event of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant disaster these units took all of the most hard work of extinguishing the fire and isolating the reactors.

probably most of this number was just the alerted force. certainly not every of them got to action. but in the region strategically sensitive for russia like this and with history of terrorism you can never be too carefull
15 February 2013, 20:17,
Of all the threats we talk about on site, and all the preparations we take,.. who would have guessed last night that this was going to happen today.

It just goes to show, you can never tell whats around the corner,..if this had been the size of the rock going over us later tonight and it had hit the UK and taken out the power grid,...well.
A major part of survival is invisibility.