Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
roadkill.
11 November 2011, 15:06,
roadkill.
anyone considered roadkill? we see plenty of rabbits, badgers and pheasants which have been knocked down by traffic. we have actually eaten roadkill pheasant, its a very easily available source of meat. but just how many of you would avail yourself of it, either now or in a post SHTF event.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 November 2011, 15:52,
RE: roadkill.
As long as its fresh I'd have no problem eating it. I really wanna try badger.

Anything that has been dead by the side of the road for more than a couple of days in the summer is a definite no no , but winter roadkill may still be ok after a week if the temp' has been low enough.
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

11 November 2011, 16:08,
(11 November 2011, 15:52)Reality Jones Wrote: As long as its fresh I'd have no problem eating it. I really wanna try badger.

Anything that has been dead by the side of the road for more than a couple of days in the summer is a definite no no , but winter roadkill may still be ok after a week if the temp' has been low enough.

you should be able to tell by the smell if its fresh or not! avoid anything that has been flattened.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 November 2011, 17:55,
I know people eat roadkill now but I think I'll wait until after an event before I start taking risks.

Don't have a problem with it but to me unless I see it die I'll give it a miss atm.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
11 November 2011, 18:05,
i'd rather eat roadkill than any meat in a supermarket, at least i know where its come from. thing with roadkill is its organic which i cant guarantee with supermarket meat.
12 November 2011, 11:23,
beggers can't be chooseser as they say you should try as much now rather than wait till you have to at least you will know what to add to it to make it taste a bit nicer
to win the war, you must be willing to die
12 November 2011, 17:31,
I don't see any need to try now. Cat, dog, rabbit, pigeon, etc. tastes the same whether shot or run over and I have some spices already. I've not seen anything else run over up here.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
13 November 2011, 15:37,
(12 November 2011, 17:31)Skean Dhude Wrote: I don't see any need to try now. Cat, dog, rabbit, pigeon, etc. tastes the same whether shot or run over and I have some spices already. I've not seen anything else run over up here.

what no badgers or deer?? you must live in a very urban area.
13 November 2011, 19:51,
Sure am. Just on the outside of a small town.
Skean Dhude
13 November 2011, 22:13, (This post was last modified: 13 November 2011, 22:15 by mikebratcher69.)
we used to live in lincolnshire when I was a kid, my dad used to accidentaly on purpose ram deer in the road...
I mean colide by fluke.
completely by accident I assure you.
pheasants regularly get run over (their not that clever, a bit like pidgeons with their road sense) especially if you steer towards them, not that we ever did...
You can catch most ground feeding birds with raisens or sultanas soaked in rum etc...
let them feed and when they fall over legless, youve got drunk but live birds!!
AND on the walk home or whatever you can finish the tasty alcoholic fruit off.

One safety tip though...
Make sure its dead before you try to pick it up...
wild animal teeth hurt real bad, especialy when they think your trying to hurt or eat them...
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."