Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What would you do?
18 February 2013, 00:07,
What would you do?
If the SHTF what would be your biggest attribute or trait, if civilization went tribal what would be your job in a sense, like what would you bring to the table?

I personally believe I would bring mechanical skills seeing as i'm a mechanic. But obviously I don't believe vehicles would be in wide use...

What would you do?..
18 February 2013, 00:12,
RE: What would you do?
Security, scavanger and labouring
18 February 2013, 00:19,
erm... good question. My job (drinking water based) would make me seem more useful on paper but it doesn't translate to a SHTF job. Just boil it.

I guess realistically just being a healthy adult male who is stronger than average. So yeah, carrying things from one place to another or like Metro says above.
18 February 2013, 00:25,
Hunter/ gather , builder as i`m a carpenter .......... fire starter ....i love to burn stuff!
18 February 2013, 00:29,
couple of years just sitting there and waiting..

then may be some kind of blacksmith?
18 February 2013, 00:30,
Thats a great question to start off with,.... Somehow I doubt that anyone will ever need a Postman for a while,... so my job will be to survive,..sorry if its a boring answer, but no doubt it will be a full time job
A major part of survival is invisibility.
18 February 2013, 00:40,
Highlander postmen saved the future, its all in a book and a movie staring kevin coster :p
18 February 2013, 00:49,
I think they're all great answers but ultimately it gives food for thought I guess.Does anyone hear participate in hunting or trapping? if so, I would love to know the area and try somewhere new!
18 February 2013, 01:07,
Well I build wind turbines so know what I'd be doing haha
18 February 2013, 01:25,
hunter gatherer-long term shelter builder-teacher-musician-and scout. not the kiddie scout but the real term.
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!