Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Weekend and the importance of tools
18 February 2013, 13:56,
My Weekend and the importance of tools
Just a story on being prepared and equipped.

Ok so this weekend after our weekly shop at Tesco's i managed to get the seat belt buckle trapped in the door frame. The door was stuck half way between locked and unlocked. After a little while of brute force and ignorance pushing and pulling at the door i got out the tools (the other half wanted to call someone) Luckily in my tool kit for bugging out i have a 7 inch utility bar, which is just a small crow bar. With some persuasion i managed to finally get the seat belt free and open the door. Did some checks locking and unlocking the car and it seems to be fine.

Total time:40 mins

Without the tools i would of probably had to pay someone to come do the exact same thing.

Oh and half way through a family pulled up looking for an anti speeding class.
They had the letter and the map, However they were looking at the return address and trying to get there even though it said they had to go to the venue and provided a map to the venue (i think there is a lesson in being observant here)
18 February 2013, 21:11,
RE: My Weekend and the importance of tools
i once heard of a woman who called up a top electrician to come and give her a quote on changing the light bulbs in her house. if your uneducated or always in defence of new wisdom (even if it is changing a light bulb) then the family u saw are just what the government ordered lol. nice to see bob's being used, nice job SP!!
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
19 February 2013, 12:45,
i bought a handy little tool in the market this morning, its a nail bar/a crowbar/and a small hammer all rolled into one, its 10 inches long and it cost me the princely sum of ....one pound fifty!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 February 2013, 13:37,
(19 February 2013, 12:45)bigpaul Wrote: i bought a handy little tool in the market this morning, its a nail bar/a crowbar/and a small hammer all rolled into one, its 10 inches long and it cost me the princely sum of ....one pound fifty!Big Grin

Nice deal. I need to find some deals like that round here Smile
19 February 2013, 14:35,
(19 February 2013, 13:37)SecretPrepper Wrote:
(19 February 2013, 12:45)bigpaul Wrote: i bought a handy little tool in the market this morning, its a nail bar/a crowbar/and a small hammer all rolled into one, its 10 inches long and it cost me the princely sum of ....one pound fifty!Big Grin

Nice deal. I need to find some deals like that round here Smile

check out market stalls and car boots, you never know what you'll find.Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.