Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
your commandments!!
18 February 2013, 22:28,
your commandments!!
I personally believe a serious catastrophic event in which society is broken would have many ''ups'' to it.One being, The rules you can begin to lay down, like your very own Ten Commandments but obviously this can lead to people being power hungry. How do you think the law system would be run in your ''tribe'' if you had a say. Would you give the death sentence?, How would you punish Rapists and pedophiles? and finally would you allow the Eldars of the group to have the last word?.

Sorry for a bit of a in-depth questions, just curious Cool

HideandSeek
18 February 2013, 23:18,
RE: your commandments!!
Every group needs an elected leader, without a strong leader the group would not survive,.. it would probably not be an`elder` who ran the group,.. but a strong person, albeit man or woman.

In the early days/months after an event, prison would not be an option, I don't think any group could afford to keep a person locked away not contributing, one punishment that would probably work as a deterrent very well would be removal from the group, banishment could be the worse punishment for many people who joined a group in order to survive

I am not a law man, so find your other questions hard to answer, proof would have to be absolute before anything like the death sentence could be carried out otherwise its open to abuse,..and if you start with doubts like that, then it would not be long before other unfairness crept in... the same goes for Rape,..at the moment a man is almost always guilty no matter what happened,..the law is often lent towards one party or the other

Crimes against children is a completely different thing,.. again if it is proved that a crime against a child had been committed, the most sever penalty would need to be carried out

I would hope that we would in the main,.. and I stress `in the main`we would keep laws similar to what we have now, if we don't, and we let the wrong people dictate the laws, we would end up with hands being removed for theft, and tongues cut out for swearing, whatever we as individuals think of a particular crime, especially if it comes close to home, no-one would benefit in the long run if punishment became more akin to revenge
A major part of survival is invisibility.
18 February 2013, 23:23,
interesting question, in a "clan" or "tribe" if i had a say i would elect a council from a varied group. from young to old, from male to female ect. one thing i've learned is that EVERYTHING needs balance, and the one thing thats wrong with the world is that its out of balance. as for the death penalty, rapists pedo's ect. i would hope that the need to survive and thrive would keep a natural order over the lives of the group. and as the group all have the same interests (like wild tribes around the world) the evil that exists in todays concrete jungle would die with it. but if any party took it apon them selfs to make any move that affected the rest of the groups safety, weather that be revenge, hunting with out permission, or just an evil c&*t, they'd be bound to a tree while the group moves on. the groups survival should be more important than any ones single want. might need to re think it tho..........bloody good question m8. i like your thinking so far on here. ideas ideas ideas
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
18 February 2013, 23:43,
I agree with you Wildman,.. I change my `elected leader` to your `elected council` a far better idea
A major part of survival is invisibility.
18 February 2013, 23:46,
(18 February 2013, 23:43)Highlander Wrote: I agree with you Wildman,.. I change my `elected leader` to your `elected council` a far better idea

I agree aswell you would not want one leader but a council that would have votes on deciding on things.Say if you had 1 leader that had a massive mental break or something like that and just went crazy wouldnt be nice
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
18 February 2013, 23:56,
(18 February 2013, 23:23)Wildman Wrote: interesting question, in a "clan" or "tribe" if i had a say i would elect a council from a varied group. from young to old, from male to female ect. one thing i've learned is that EVERYTHING needs balance, and the one thing thats wrong with the world is that its out of balance. as for the death penalty, rapists pedo's ect. i would hope that the need to survive and thrive would keep a natural order over the lives of the group. and as the group all have the same interests (like wild tribes around the world) the evil that exists in todays concrete jungle would die with it. but if any party took it apon them selfs to make any move that affected the rest of the groups safety, weather that be revenge, hunting with out permission, or just an evil c&*t, they'd be bound to a tree while the group moves on. the groups survival should be more important than any ones single want. might need to re think it tho..........bloody good question m8. i like your thinking so far on here. ideas ideas ideas

Yes, I agree. That's similar to what Oliver Cromwell promoted, it's not up to a king or queen, but a parliament. I believe conversation like these are appropriate especially when we've got all sorts of atrocities going on. It's almost Moral Panic stage.
19 February 2013, 00:59,
It's got to be a council. It's to risky giving one person that amount of power especially when they believe that there no longer accountable for there decisions.

IMO when it comes to crime and punishment I think we'd revert back to an eye for an eye, mob mentality!
19 February 2013, 07:52, (This post was last modified: 19 February 2013, 07:54 by Ghost.)
The most Difficult problem you will have is when the "commandments" you have put in place contradict those of the next 'tribe/ clan' That live in the next valley!
Post SHTF you may find yourselves having to trade items with this other tribe/clan and what happens when you or they break a "commandment" that is allowed in the other tribe?

Lets use sex as an example. A Sixteen year old boy from your tribe who is within the legal age limit that you have set for sexual intercourse has sex with a girl from the other valley who is sixteen also, unfortunately the other tribe has set their age limit to eighteen and after finding out want to 'punish' your boy for being a peadophile!
How do you resolve these kind of issues? Do you form a joint council to decide? As far as the other tribe is concerned your boy has had sex with a minor and must be treated as a dangerous child abuser

(19 February 2013, 07:52)Ghost Wrote: The most Difficult problem you will have is when the "commandments" you have put in place contradict those of the next 'tribe/ clan' That live in the next valley!
Post SHTF you may find yourselves having to trade items with this other tribe/clan and what happens when you or they break a "commandment" that is allowed in the other tribe?

Lets use sex as an example. An eighteen year old boy from your tribe who is within the legal age limit that you have set for sexual intercourse has sex with a girl from the other valley who is sixteen also, unfortunately the other tribe has set their age limit to eighteen and after finding out want to 'punish' your boy for being a peadophile!
How do you resolve these kind of issues? Do you form a joint council to decide? As far as the other tribe is concerned your boy has had sex with a minor and must be treated as a dangerous child abuser
I've changed the boys age to eighteen to make it more viable
Respect existence or expect resistance!
19 February 2013, 10:02,
Good question, personaly I would go for an elected leader, important to have some one able to lead from the front, to make quick and decisive decisions in emergency/life threatning situations. A senate of elected representatives to represent families and smaller groups within the community and a free and open forum for all members of the community regardless of age.
Banishment would be the ultimate punishment, though dependant on the situation and circumstances anything is possible a banished individual could become a future enemy and threat to the community.
What I fear is that what will actualy come about post shtf is that "might will be right" and it will be he who holds the biggest stick that will rule this has so often been the case throughout human history.
19 February 2013, 12:35,
no groups for me, i wouldnt be able to find anyone i could trust enough, so my only rule would be: leave me alone.Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.