Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
41 items to barter.
20 February 2013, 17:42,
RE: 41 items to barter.
(20 February 2013, 17:14)Mosstrooper Wrote: no bartering for me, if i cant carry it i cant steal it..

you mean "scavenge" dont you??Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 February 2013, 23:01,
(20 February 2013, 17:42)bigpaul Wrote:
(20 February 2013, 17:14)Mosstrooper Wrote: no bartering for me, if i cant carry it i cant steal it..

you mean "scavenge" dont you??Big GrinBig Grin

ah yes.... forage and scavenge Blush
21 February 2013, 00:07,
(20 February 2013, 15:15)BeardyMan Wrote: I see loads of these lists. One of them was the top 100 items to barter, then the top 50. Been banging around for years. Never have I seen on any of these lists illegal drugs. None of them.

Imagine, you're 2 years into post collapse society, you're out in the garden, i dunno, digging a hole with your one and only spade. Can I say spade? Shovel, that's better. Anyway, you're digging away merrily, and a long haired, bearded hippy wanders up [ not BP btw Tongue ]. You enter conversation with said hippy, he inquires to the availability of your shovel. You advise him that you have most things you want or need. He proceeds to whip out a bag of some of the finest homegrown you've ever laid eyes on, and offers you a trade. What do you do?

I'd probably hit him over the head with the shovel, dump him in the hole and smoke his stash [bloody hippies] - but I'm sure you lot are a bit nicer than that.

Also, I'm sure you're going to go off hiding in the woods BP, avoiding man and beast - who you going to trade with? Tongue

Imagine what would happen to all the secret farms outdoors in the UK. You might stumble across a massive overgrown patch. It would probably be up there with tobacco and alcohol in terms of demand.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
21 February 2013, 04:09,
Tobacco is super easy to grow. Poat SHTF, you'd be super rich letting people smoke.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
21 February 2013, 10:04,
Making shoes out of car tyres, most sheeple dont own boots and only have designer trainers, once the shops have been stripped bare I can see shoemaking being profitable
21 February 2013, 10:35,
I think you will find that here we advocate bartering (under the current puritanical regime) illegal drugs among other things. I like to think we are more realistic and honest.

I also advocate growing your own, having the seeds now is not illegal and can be freely bought so go for it.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
22 February 2013, 07:41,
This also raises a the question of legality post SHTF!

Is there a substance you would make illegal or would you allow all sorts of man made and natural drugs to be grown/ made and then sold / bartered without fear of punishment within your community/tribe/clan?

I would allow all drugs.
Respect existence or expect resistance!
22 February 2013, 10:17,
(22 February 2013, 07:41)Ghost Wrote: This also raises a the question of legality post SHTF!

Is there a substance you would make illegal or would you allow all sorts of man made and natural drugs to be grown/ made and then sold / bartered without fear of punishment within your community/tribe/clan?

I would allow all drugs.

The only thing I would outlaw, under the penalty of death, is morris dancing.
22 February 2013, 13:46,
It is actions that need outlawed not things. As long as you do no hanm to anyone else you can do what you want. Soon as you impact on others then you have a problem.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
22 February 2013, 17:50,
(22 February 2013, 10:17)BeardyMan Wrote:
(22 February 2013, 07:41)Ghost Wrote: This also raises a the question of legality post SHTF!

I would allow all drugs.

The only thing I would outlaw, under the penalty of death, is morris dancing.

Why does everybody hate it when Morris dances?
Next thing you know you'll be shooting at Will!
Respect existence or expect resistance!