Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC major article " Wy have all the white people left London"
21 February 2013, 10:46,
RE: BBC major article " Wy have all the white people left London"
i can see the prepping side of this story ! the fact that those who can afford to move out will leave those that cant afford to move out feeling as if they have been left to suffer and have become a minority in there own country, which will lead to civil unrest, whether thats rioting or increased racist attacks i dont know but if the trend continues it will happen
21 February 2013, 11:08,
(21 February 2013, 10:40)Skean Dhude Wrote: NR, OK I'm bearing with you but so far I don't see any real questions, I don't see any suggestions for what we can realisticlly do nor do I see anything relevent to prepping for the issue. It seems to me the same old news item that we have seen before and for which we can do nothing but retell some old stories.

What am I waiting for exactly?

Well I was hoping for some debate on the issue of how the mass migration from London for example ( Its happening in Brum as well) are impacting the affordability of suitable places for prepper families as both factions appear to be seeking very similar spec properties. EG as AL explained to me he originally wanted to move up Weardale to a more self reliant property but the prices of the properties from Bishop Auckland and moving inland have rocketed lately ( Against the regional trend of falling prices in the north east) The prices of suitable homes even with smaller plots of land are making the upper dales more expensive driving families like AL further and further away. he has ended up in NW Scotland cos he gets better value for money.

Basically the traditional types of property that appealed to ordinary prepper families is getting more expensive and harder to find as the white flighters from London with more money are driving up prices.
That directly affects many preppers and the search for affordable secure and safe locations becomes very topical.

Previously we only had to contend with the urban good life types to compete with, but now we are getting tens if not hundreds of thousands of wealthier Londoners buying the properties we need.

21 February 2013, 11:11,
i see this as relevant to prepping in the fact that there are people moving from one area to another, could have a bearing on your preps if you live in one of those areas, more people about could affect your BOL, maybe it is now to near the new population and you have to find another further out? the fact that the BBC finds it interesting after all this time is hilarious-just woken up have you BBC? mind you i always thought the BBC was the Govt mouthpiece!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 February 2013, 11:14,
I wonder what the impact would be if we found an excess of preppers , off gridders etc settling in one area ?

21 February 2013, 11:19,
(21 February 2013, 11:14)NorthernRaider Wrote: I wonder what the impact would be if we found an excess of preppers , off gridders etc settling in one area ?

in one way it would be good, having like minded people in one area, you have the basis for your group or settlement, but against that post SHTF you would have a large population all wanting the resourses that are left in that area, so said resourses would be spread thinly amongst such a large group, personally i prefer people that are more widely spread out.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 February 2013, 11:20, (This post was last modified: 21 February 2013, 11:22 by NorthernRaider.)
(21 February 2013, 10:40)Skean Dhude Wrote: NR, OK I'm bearing with you but so far I don't see any real questions, I don't see any suggestions for what we can realisticlly do nor do I see anything relevent to prepping for the issue. It seems to me the same old news item that we have seen before and for which we can do nothing but retell some old stories.

What am I waiting for exactly?

Well I've tried my best to find a way of linking this issue with Aliens, the Illuminati, CIA, black helicopters, NWO , contrails etc but regret I cant find anything other than real issues about us being priced out of the market RolleyesBig Grin

(21 February 2013, 11:19)bigpaul Wrote:
(21 February 2013, 11:14)NorthernRaider Wrote: I wonder what the impact would be if we found an excess of preppers , off gridders etc settling in one area ?

in one way it would be good, having like minded people in one area, you have the basis for your group or settlement, but against that post SHTF you would have a large population all wanting the resourses that are left in that area, so said resourses would be spread thinly amongst such a large group, personally i prefer people that are more widely spread out.

It would be prudent to have a FEW operating in your area, but more than a few is going to leed to a conflict when it comes to resources like finding firewood, hunting wild critters,securing materials etc.

21 February 2013, 11:29,
(21 February 2013, 11:20)NorthernRaider Wrote: It would be prudent to have a FEW operating in your area, but more than a few is going to leed to a conflict when it comes to resources like finding firewood, hunting wild critters,securing materials etc.

yep, thats what i meant, i was lumping everything in together(scavenging, hunting, securing materials) and calling it "resourses"! it would not be good to have one large group in an area, they would grab everything for themselves by sheer weight of numbers, some small groups dotted about would be better...i am thinking Amish lifestyle !
21 February 2013, 18:01,
Boo Hoo the world is changing!!!!
Boo hoo, All those Londoners with more money than me are buying properties I couldn't afford anyway!!
Boo hoo, white people are moving to the countryside and leaving those of colour in the shit pits I spend all day slagging off!!

Boo hoo, wait a minute.....what was my point again??

Who cares? Preppers prep! that's what we do, We observe our surroundings and current situation and adapt our preps to suit.

Those who adapt, survive!
Respect existence or expect resistance!
21 February 2013, 18:05,
(21 February 2013, 18:01)Ghost Wrote: Preppers prep! that's what we do, We observe our surroundings and current situation and adapt our preps to suit.

Those who adapt, survive!

i dont suppose we will EVER have ALL the preps we want or need, but knowledge is the key, and as you say, adapt,adapt,adapt!
21 February 2013, 18:22,
Well I've tried my best to find a way of linking this issue with Aliens, the Illuminati, CIA, black helicopters, NWO , contrails

Dont you mean chemtrails NRTongue
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king