Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you most grateful for?
28 March 2013, 14:43,
RE: What are you most grateful for?
(28 March 2013, 14:17)Rush2112 Wrote: I agree with Montblanc and Scythe, being a Christian myself.

how does your religion square with being a prepper? does your religion allow you to take a life, what if in a shtf scenario your wife is being molested by an intruder? i see to recall from my youth something about "though shalt not kill" and "turn the other cheek"....if you stick to these tenents it may get you killed. not being a christian i dont have these constraints. not having a pop friend, just asking a question.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 March 2013, 15:05,
it's cool BP,i thought about this when i joined the military years ago and many times since. i think this is why many men have turned away, because of this view that being a christian is being a doormat for others to step on. IMHO, there are righteous causes worth fighting/killing for, such as protecting my family. Bible is full of stories of strong men doing what is needed. I dont think God wants me to stand idly by while an innocent is abused. As John Travolta said in the movie Michael, " I'm not that kind of angel." God blessed me with the ability to protect the family he gave me and I plan on using it. Then pray for forgiveness later.
28 March 2013, 15:47,
(28 March 2013, 15:05)Rush2112 Wrote: it's cool BP,i thought about this when i joined the military years ago and many times since. i think this is why many men have turned away, because of this view that being a christian is being a doormat for others to step on. IMHO, there are righteous causes worth fighting/killing for, such as protecting my family. Bible is full of stories of strong men doing what is needed. I dont think God wants me to stand idly by while an innocent is abused. As John Travolta said in the movie Michael, " I'm not that kind of angel." God blessed me with the ability to protect the family he gave me and I plan on using it. Then pray for forgiveness later.

seems fair enoughBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 March 2013, 18:02,
i'm a Pagan myself..."do what you will provided it harms no one" but in a shtf scenario i will do whatever it takes so that i and mine can survive.
28 March 2013, 18:34,
i agree with your point that beliefs could potentially put us in harms way- such as providing first aid to a stranger, or giving a bite to eat to someone passing through, but so be it. we'll just try to be aware and alert of our surroundings and do the best we can with limited resources.
28 March 2013, 18:41,
(28 March 2013, 18:34)Rush2112 Wrote: i agree with your point that beliefs could potentially put us in harms way- such as providing first aid to a stranger, or giving a bite to eat to someone passing through, but so be it. we'll just try to be aware and alert of our surroundings and do the best we can with limited resources.

rendering first aid is one thing, but feeding strangers and then letting them go on their way could be dangerous, they then know where you are, tell others, and before you know it you have a hungry mob banging on your door, you feed them and more come along, before long your food is all gone and its now YOUR family who are starving!
29 March 2013, 15:34,
Interesting point of view, BP, and as a Pagan myself I can quite follow your reasoning. There is also the element of being responsible for yourself and your family.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
29 March 2013, 15:38,
(29 March 2013, 15:34)MaryN Wrote: Interesting point of view, BP, and as a Pagan myself I can quite follow your reasoning. There is also the element of being responsible for yourself and your family.

yes, my first responsibility is to my family, not to some strangers(or even neighbours) who cant be bothered to "prep", thats why i'm very keen on OPSEC and tell none of my neighbours that i have a food store.
30 March 2013, 15:03, (This post was last modified: 30 March 2013, 15:06 by Luci_ferson.)
im neither Christian nor any other religion. yet I have religious beliefs.
One of my beliefs is that in a shtf situation . all the religious indoctrinations will go out of the window.
people will quickly resort to being humans again. for better and for worse.
each situation will be dealt with by an individual in whatever way they interpret for the best at that time.
their religion will have little to do with the situation.
Even non religious people know that its wrong to kill, but we will all kill if it comes to the decision of them or us. or even one of our family. Its just part of being human.
we all know that we should help those in need, but we rarely do because we know of the dangers involved. and that's just now, s hasn't even htf yet.
even people of all the religions walk past trouble on the street rather than get involved.
Religion and god and the universe etc are things we think about when weve got time to.
in shtf situation most of us (even the non prepper) will atuo switch into a survival mode.
in survival mode. its surprising what beliefs and morals you throw out of the window.

of course youl have a few that will just sit theres and light a candle and prey. but theyre the ones whove basically had a mental breakdown and cant think of anything else to do.
Even some of the non religious will do that.

its surprising how many non religious people who openly protest gods existence. secretly prey when their lives turn upside down, or gets too difficult.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
30 March 2013, 15:12,
I think the Sheeple are the ones who'll light a candle and pray(whether they are religious or not), they will wait for the Govt to come and save them. the ones you'll have to look out for are the Chav's and Lumpunts, the "problem family" types who wont think twice about doing you harm, thats when you'll have to decide how far you will go to keep your family safe.