Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tesco Again
23 February 2013, 12:48,
RE: Tesco Again
(23 February 2013, 12:04)NorthernRaider Wrote: I would have kept them cos its still edible tasty meat regardless of which critter it came from.

If it was labeled horsemeat i would of kept them but the fact they had a cow on the label and said it was beef i threw them.Who knows what sort of horse was in them with that bute shit in them
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
23 February 2013, 12:51,
So long as the horse meat did not have fins or swim bladder in it I would eat it !! Smile

24 February 2013, 15:31,
Speaking purely as a consumer I do feel that Tesco have lost their edge recently. Their pricing seems to be all over the place and you have to be very on top of this as you might just get overcharged. It used to be that buying larger packets/jars/boxes of stuff worked out cheaper - not any more if my experience is anything to go by. Carefully read the price label is my advice. The range of choice has deteriorated also and the quality of the own brand items has become a no go area for me.
So now I go elsewhere - cheaper, more choice and more pleasant surroundings.
25 February 2013, 14:57,
just done out monthly big shop at a large newish Tesco 25 miles away, no problems, got all we wanted, but did notice a lot of empty shelves, maybe monday isnt such a good day to go anymore, i dont think they'd had their delivery yet, which is strange its not like we went early it was 10am by the time we got there!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 February 2013, 15:28,
Majority of super markets have empty shelves, not sure if its lack of deliveries or cutting back on staff
25 February 2013, 15:44,
(25 February 2013, 15:28)Metroyeti Wrote: Majority of super markets have empty shelves, not sure if its lack of deliveries or cutting back on staff

we use other supermarkets during the month, and i havent seen empty shelves in those to the same extent, Lidl's dosent usually have an empty shelf ANYWHERE, in fact there is extra stuff piled up in the aisles sometimes!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 February 2013, 16:08,
We don't use supermarkets any more. There's a butchers round the corner from us, and a greengrocers over the road from the butchers. All the meat and veg we require for one week cost us less that £40. Had we gone to the "super" market it would have been double that. And flown in from some shithole of a country.
We also have a very good farm shop on the outskirts of southampton, who also deliver. You can buy almost everything that you'd buy from a supermarket (food wise, they don't sell cheap TVs) and it's much better quality (which, let's face it, wouldn't be difficult.)
25 February 2013, 16:15,
(25 February 2013, 16:08)BeardyMan Wrote: We don't use supermarkets any more. There's a butchers round the corner from us, and a greengrocers over the road from the butchers. All the meat and veg we require for one week cost us less that £40. Had we gone to the "super" market it would have been double that. And flown in from some shithole of a country.
We also have a very good farm shop on the outskirts of southampton, who also deliver. You can buy almost everything that you'd buy from a supermarket (food wise, they don't sell cheap TVs) and it's much better quality (which, let's face it, wouldn't be difficult.)

yeah BM, we DONT buy meat from Supermarkets, havent for years, most of our veg we buy at the local weekly market, but we have to go to the supermarkets to buy our tins.
25 February 2013, 16:21,
(25 February 2013, 16:15)bigpaul Wrote: yeah BM, we DONT buy meat from Supermarkets, havent for years, most of our veg we buy at the local weekly market, but we have to go to the supermarkets to buy our tins.

Yup, that's a real PITA. I've got a good few months of tins stashed away and rat packs etc, I'm going to knock those on the head for now and concentrate on getting the new garden sorted out for planting instead.

Although approved foods do have some decent offers on now and then, just need to wait for it to be worth paying their postage costs (and wait for the lazy buggers to bother to send your stuff out. 13 days for our last order from paying to having the goods delivered!)
25 February 2013, 16:35,
i prefer buying mine in person, i get to choose what i want and i can make sure i dont get any dented ones either, we dont buy lots of tins, just enough to replace what we've used from stores and maybe a few extra just to increase the stocks. we buy UHT milk, enough to last us a month plus i have an emergency stock as well, bought 16 cartons this morning!