Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
its never too late to quit(smoking).
22 February 2013, 18:46,
its never too late to quit(smoking).
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/articl...ke-40.html
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 February 2013, 19:43,
RE: its never too late to quit(smoking).
best thing i every did pal
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
22 February 2013, 19:48,
(22 February 2013, 19:43)Barneyboy Wrote: best thing i every did pal

yep, i gave up in 95!after smoking for 32 years, i could feel the difference after only 2 weeks.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 February 2013, 20:09,
Im currently at about 6-7 weeks cold turkey and holding fast
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
22 February 2013, 20:19,
Welldone falcon
22 February 2013, 20:23,
(22 February 2013, 20:09)TheFalcon Wrote: Im currently at about 6-7 weeks cold turkey and holding fast

well done pal there wont be sigs after TSHTF so good to give up now then go cold turkey then ,and your pipes will be clean in no time helps get the wind in your lungs
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
22 February 2013, 23:12,
I'm fecking sick of trying to give up Sad NO willpower what so ever Sad
If you change the way you look at things..The things you look at change !
22 February 2013, 23:26,
About 20 years ago we were both smoking 40 a day, when we found a retired Police hypnotized who was offering anti smoking sessions

We thought we would give him a go,.. and arrived together one Sat afternoon,.. we had a final smoke before we went in

Bracken went in first, then me,.. he put us on his couch and talked about this really hard struggle up this high hill,.... and the easy skip down the other side,... I thought, yea, this is working,... I could hear the kids in the street outside and Bracken talking to his wife in the kitchen,... this is bound to work I though

I gave him his 20 mins or so,.. paid my money which I almost didn't thinking that £25 for a story telling 20 mins wasnt the best way to get rid of my hard earn cash

It was the last time either of us ever smoked,... neither of us has had even the slightest after effect or cravings, we could sit with others smoking without wanting one,... we have no idea what he did,.... but it was the best £50 we ever spent
A major part of survival is invisibility.
23 February 2013, 11:00,
i just gave up after a particularly heavy bout of flu, no problems although my friends were rather amazed but all it takes is will power( no patches or gum back then!).
23 February 2013, 11:05,
Two things made me stop, first was the birth of my son, I banned all smoking in my house and of course that had to apply to me as well as friends and family. But it was coumpounded by that sub human piece of garbage Gordon Brown when he was chancellor, he was giving a budget speech and he was actually gloating, yes gloating about increasing duty on fags , booze and fuel the thought of even a penny of my money going to the government ran by labour degenerates was enough to make me stop smoking and drinking.