Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blackout Britain
24 February 2013, 10:13,
Blackout Britain
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/379845/...power-cuts
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 February 2013, 10:23,
RE: Blackout Britain
I can see generation shortfalls over the next 7 years as many life expired plants are forced to close and the nimbys have set back the replacdments by years.

24 February 2013, 10:28,
this has been known about for years and years and yet NOTHING has been done about it, successive governments have just sat on the problem.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 February 2013, 10:37,
good read thanks bp
24 February 2013, 10:45,
Its frightening reading
Failure is NOT an option
24 February 2013, 10:51,
(24 February 2013, 10:45)uks Wrote: Its frightening reading

It is for sheeple, but its informative and preparative for us because when we get solid reliable posts like this telling us what is going on we can plan and prepare in advance. Thanks again.

24 February 2013, 10:54,
i think as preppers we all know the power is bound to go off at some point and we make our plans accordingly, its just that this item shows you TPTB are doing nothing about the problem..nothing new there then.
24 February 2013, 10:56,
What gets me is we have known about the planned closure of the older plants since 1996 but the retards in power have not got replacements in place yet, and of course they reckon it takes 7 years to build and commision a new neuclear power station but in reality it always runs late. I can see us having to buy very expensive imported power from the continent by 2117 and of course the tories will use that as an ecuse to say we should stay part of the EUSSR.

24 February 2013, 11:06,
the point about IMPORTING power, be it electric, gas or whatever, is not so much the cost, that is bad enough in itself, but that these supplies could be turned OFF at a moments notice due to some economic or political policy. its happened before with Russian gas.just watch the lights go out then.
24 February 2013, 11:10,
Yup but the sheeple dont care so long as the leccy comes on in time for Trisha or X rated dancing get me out of here lesbians on ice in the jungle, because its never their fault or responsibility, but at least we can insulate ourselves in part at least by prepping and working out back up systems.