Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Must view: Drones
26 February 2013, 01:05,
Must view: Drones
It gets really ominous towards the latter parts of the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_buPcY3qbsE

Something for preppers to think about: when grid is down, will there by elite military units with access to high technology scouring for survivors / thrivers?
26 February 2013, 10:48,
RE: Must view: Drones
If you want a drone, I can get you a small one, fits in a backpack, can view the camera on your iphone, and a few other fun cool things like that.

Cost is about a grand, but it's a GREAT way to view people and places!

I love Chinese friends haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
26 February 2013, 10:49,
(26 February 2013, 01:05)cryingfreeman Wrote: Something for preppers to think about: when grid is down, will there by elite military units with access to high technology scouring for survivors / thrivers?

NO, as we have said before the way TPTB are running down the British Army they wont have enough numbers to do much else than guard Westminster.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 February 2013, 11:05,
An army of 82,000 including all trades cannot possibly secure and guard even the states of infrastructure in a crisis never mind hunting survivors, besides if they going rounding up civilians they have to feed them. As for the TA I doubt if many would leave their families in a collapsing UK to go and protect rich tories.

26 February 2013, 11:35,
I think the army is only a small piece of what's available for TPTB.

What if a single country collapses. There will be international assistance, as well as the internal domestic systems already in place.

The police, TA, Army, Navy, Airforce, MI5, MI6, even security companies like G4S and military contractors could get pulled into play, will all be moving towards the same objective....maintain rule of law; possibly even martial law. The government can very easily justify these kinds of things to a point where it makes sense for even the part time TA members to take up arms...if need be.

Don't forget, if something collapses, TPTB will already know something's up and will have contingencies in place for it. Take for example the US's buying of billions of rounds of ammo. If something is going to happen, which probably won't be in the next few months (things will get much worse, I believe), then it'll be reported ahead of time and either culled before it erupts, or it will be dealt with via extreme force.
26 February 2013, 12:00,
Scythe, do you really think our modern govt..made up of posh schoolboys and professional politicos...has a clue how to organise ANYTHING if TSHTF...none of them have had a REAL job or live in the REAL world......i think they'll be caught on the HOP just the same as the sheeple are!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 February 2013, 12:14,
(26 February 2013, 12:00)bigpaul Wrote: Scythe, do you really think our modern govt..made up of posh schoolboys and professional politicos...has a clue how to organise ANYTHING if TSHTF...none of them have had a REAL job or live in the REAL world......i think they'll be caught on the HOP just the same as the sheeple are!Big Grin

Straight up BP, I'm 50:50 on it.

In regards to TPTB, their legal and governing prowess shows they'll fall like a stone and fail miserably. But, having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if the situation was orchestrated and thus partially accounted for.

Think about the number of times a government agency has foiled a terrorist plot before it erupted. The same could be true with a social uprising. Nip it in the bud, so to say. It would be very easy to orchestrate an uprising and then make an example of the leader of the initial revolution, and thus reduce the chances of another call-to-arms having any effect.

If it was a sudden change of events that causes the populace to up and get moving, that's a whole other story! Government would need to seek outside assistance. Not sure which police force I'd be too happy to have help the UK gov out. Would you want American's? Greek? Russian? French? German? Spanish? Polish? Or any other police force come into play?

To be fair, it could go any way with it BP.
26 February 2013, 12:25,
Good answers chaps and of course, the military's top priority in any kind of hardcore crisis is to whisk the royal family and other VIPs to safety. But in my original post I was thinking more along the lines of the rebuilding / recovery phase on down the line... When a new scary world might emerge.
26 February 2013, 12:26,
(26 February 2013, 12:14)Scythe13 Wrote: In regards to TPTB, their legal and governing prowess shows they'll fall like a stone and fail miserably.

Think about the number of times a government agency has foiled a terrorist plot before it erupted. The same could be true with a social uprising.

If it was a sudden change of events that causes the populace to up and get moving, that's a whole other story!

To be fair, it could go any way with it BP.
as far as terrorism goes, these people fail because they have done something to arouse suspicion not because MI5/MI6 is wonderful at their jobs! if someone plasters a forthcoming riot on Facebook or Twatter(like they did last year) its no wonder the Police are on the ball.....its all about OPSEC you see! however, the modern British government dosent have the balls of say 30 years ago and will hesitate and hesitate and be caught on the hop( just like George Bush was on 9/11).
26 February 2013, 12:28,
the government would have very little to do with planning for any type of shtf in this country really , after all governments change . shtf would be planned for by cobra, cobra was given the remit for shtf scenarios in the late 80's , the problem is that anything they came up with was based on personnel numbers before the cuts !( military (inc reserves ), police, fire fighter, paramedic, nhs etc all cut in numbers) any attempt to put into place the plans they came up with prior to the cuts would be unworkable .