Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Military Training..
28 February 2013, 12:24,
RE: Military Training..
(28 February 2013, 12:18)Barneyboy Wrote:
(28 February 2013, 12:08)Tartar Horde Wrote: The only military training I do is medieval with sword, pole arms and bow. I could never join the forces as I don't see the sense in getting killed for a stinking politician, and honestly believe the majority of people joining the forces are the Salt of the Earth, but are missguided.

lions lead by lambs ,it just seems unfair that the rich get to be officers just because of privilage why are there not working class officers anyone no

Officers are not working class for the same reason as the "oath" is to protect the Queen and heirs and parliament, and not the people. And you can %100 bet your money that if push comes to shove the Army will shoot the plebs down, just like they did before.
28 February 2013, 12:42,
lead from the front take them same risks as them all !!!
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
28 February 2013, 12:58,
i am sure no offense was ment , having served over 20 year i was never missguided at any point of my service , as for the oath

" I ____________ swear by almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Her heirs and successors and that I will as in duty bound honestly and faithfully defend Her Majesty, Her heirs and successors in Person, Crown and dignity against all enemies and will observe and obey all orders of Her Majesty, Her heirs and successors and of the Generals and Officers set over me."

at no point do we sreve parliament!

and as for "if push comes to shove the Army will shoot the plebs down" never! no british soldier would ever accept an order to open fire on unarmed civilians either in this country or anyother!

officer not being working class i served with two officers from working class background both the best officers i ever served with
28 February 2013, 13:00,
(28 February 2013, 12:58)Tigs Wrote: i am sure no offense was ment , having served over 20 year i was never missguided at any point of my service , as for the oath

" I ____________ swear by almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Her heirs and successors and that I will as in duty bound honestly and faithfully defend Her Majesty, Her heirs and successors in Person, Crown and dignity against all enemies and will observe and obey all orders of Her Majesty, Her heirs and successors and of the Generals and Officers set over me."

at no point do we sreve parliament!

and as for "if push comes to shove the Army will shoot the plebs down" never! no british soldier would ever accept an order to open fire on unarmed civilians either in this country or anyother!

officer not being working class i served with two officers from working class background both the best officers i ever served with

yeah why not more of them then ?
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
28 February 2013, 13:13,
(28 February 2013, 12:58)Tigs Wrote: and as for "if push comes to shove the Army will shoot the plebs down" never! no british soldier would ever accept an order to open fire on unarmed civilians either in this country

I mean this with the greatest respect, as I know you're a good person.....I really hope you're right.

In other countries the military has opened fire on their own citizenry. But I really hope you're right about the UK forces.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
28 February 2013, 13:14,
(28 February 2013, 12:58)Tigs Wrote: and as for "if push comes to shove the Army will shoot the plebs down" never! no british soldier would ever accept an order to open fire on unarmed civilians either in this country or anyother!

Your wrong mon ami, our troops have frquently been deployed to kill British civilians over the last 500 years, and have done so. Shooting strikers and luddites, reading the riot act before opening fire, its happened in the UK from Cornwall to Scotland. Much of infantry is now recruited from south pacific, african, west indian and nepalese communities and those dudes will shoot who ever the officers tell em to. Rifle volleys, sabre charges etc have all been used. Even when Eire wa part of the UK our troops had no comunction in opening fire on republican protestors. We saw troops deployed to protect T'Mills , Docks, Mines, etc from 1850 through the 20th century. Indeed your own beloved regiment opeed fire on the republican protestors in 1972.

28 February 2013, 13:19,
there are more its just i only knew of those two i served with , i may have served with more without knowing they had working class back grounds .

NR im talking the modern army not historical events , as for NI yeah i know all about 72 and thats over 40 years ago and depending on accounts there was ira mixed in with the civilians
28 February 2013, 13:29, (This post was last modified: 28 February 2013, 13:30 by NorthernRaider.)
(28 February 2013, 13:19)Tigs Wrote: there are more its just i only knew of those two i served with , i may have served with more without knowing they had working class back grounds .

NR im talking the modern army not historical events , as for NI yeah i know all about 72 and thats over 40 years ago and depending on accounts there was ira mixed in with the civilians

Yup there was IRA men mixed in with em, startard policy for them back then, hide in a crowd, shoot a squaddie, crowd closes around gunman. If other squaddies retaliate its called a massacre of civilians.
After my two tours I wanted nothing more than to nuke the entire province out of existance.

I still think todays squaddies would open fire on civvies.

28 February 2013, 13:37,
i remember the cold days on the falls road and being spat at by the little old ladies and just having to knee there and take it! i still dont think they would NI or would have heard of it in Afghanistan, but its just not happened to my knowledge ! maybe the odd one or two civilians shot by mistake ok its like blue on blue it happens !
28 February 2013, 14:00,
Military training will be handy for the first few years, there is no doubt however it isn't the be all and end all. Being a farmer, blacksmith, etc. will be more important after the initial few years.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin