Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do i NEED 2 air rifles ? ? ?
28 February 2013, 18:19,
do i NEED 2 air rifles ? ? ?
do i really need 2 air rifles ?? im sitting on the fence(not literally)on wether to sell one of my .22 guns and buy more crossbow bolts...and a spring/seal service kit and some more pellets. im not mega skint....and the OH wont be "stealing" it off me so if i did it would be going on above preps......i feel the crossbow is more better tool post shtf for dropping power !! and hunting ..so im more for the latter.......any thoughts appreciated RW
28 February 2013, 18:20,
RE: do i NEED 2 air rifles ? ? ?
Depends on how skint you are.

28 February 2013, 18:21,
(28 February 2013, 18:19)RoadWarrior Wrote: do i really need 2 air rifles ?? im sitting on the fence(not literally)on wether to sell one of my .22 guns and buy more crossbow bolts...and a spring/seal service kit and some more pellets. im not mega skint....and the OH wont be "stealing" it off me so if i did it would be going on above preps......i feel the crossbow is more better tool post shtf for dropping power !! and hunting ..so im more for the latter.......any thoughts appreciated RW

i think you've answered your own questionBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 February 2013, 18:28,
(28 February 2013, 18:20)NorthernRaider Wrote: Depends on how skint you are.

nah ,its not a skint thing mate its more of a trade....BUT havent got the dosh to justify spending more on prepps.....then trying to explain to her whats arrived in the post whilst ive been at work !!Rolleyes
28 February 2013, 18:30,
Keep the air rifles.

28 February 2013, 18:38,
I'd keep the air rifles as well

Once we get the cash and other preps sorted then I'll be getting one and a few other things (big spend items not related to the air rifle) then I'm intending on starting again with a second rifle and each of the other things. Even with spares you can't be sure that if something goes wrong with a bit of kit so if possible it is wise to have a back up too.
28 February 2013, 19:00,
Keep the air rifles and supplement them with a crossbow.

The low cost and small storage space needed for air gun pellets makes them a must have.
conscius et paratum
28 February 2013, 20:07,
(28 February 2013, 19:00)Digger Wrote: Keep the air rifles and supplement them with a crossbow.

The low cost and small storage space needed for air gun pellets makes them a must have.

Hes got a crossbow, the one I had that damn near killed me cos I didnt read the instructions !!! Rolleyes

1 March 2013, 00:06,
I dont have a air rifle i would if i could but im on a seriously tight budget i have a 175lb jaguar crossbow and i need to invest in more bolts/broadheads,My position is not idea but i can only do what i can do
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
1 March 2013, 08:22, (This post was last modified: 1 March 2013, 08:35 by Digger.)
(1 March 2013, 00:06)TheFalcon Wrote: I dont have a air rifle i would if i could but im on a seriously tight budget i have a 175lb jaguar crossbow and i need to invest in more bolts/broadheads,My position is not idea but i can only do what i can do

Have a look at a low cost air rifle and then the cost of pellets for it and compare that to the cost of bolts.

An entry level SMK B2 can be had for £40, add to that 1000 x .177 pellets @ £ 10.

Your £50 gets you 1000 air rifle shots at small game, this is the equivalent to 28 low cost 17" target bolts for your Jaguar.

see http://www.guns.gb.com/contents/en-uk/p3...rifle.html

Of course the cost of broadheads will narrow the price gap even further.

(28 February 2013, 20:07)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(28 February 2013, 19:00)Digger Wrote: Keep the air rifles and supplement them with a crossbow.

Hes got a crossbow, the one I had that damn near killed me cos I didnt read the instructions !!! Rolleyes

Following your advice on" what price do you put on your security" we are diverting money towards purchasing Two air rifles, with springs and seal kits, and also two Jaguar Crossbows with spare limbs rated at 90lb and 150lb and 175lb plus spare strings and knocks. Cost of bolts an broad heads is what made us look at Air rifles again.

We feel that for hunting and pest control the air rifles will be most efficient, with the Xbows being reserved for long term backup, and for dealing with larger beasts.

Our target is to stockpile 10,000 pellets. So far, careful bidding on e-bay has secured half that quantity for a little over £30 . We think this is good value, and the tins take up very little space.
conscius et paratum