Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't drink from radiators
4 March 2013, 16:49,
RE: Don't drink from radiators
remind me never to resort to canibalism, unless asking them what theyve drank in the last 48 hours. lmao
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
4 March 2013, 17:25,
I dont imagine they would even think of draining a radiator let alone drinking from one.
4 March 2013, 17:33,
think il get some stickers printed up saying free water here. install a tap on radiators in abandoned houses. itl save me having to defend myself from them .
4 March 2013, 17:37,
And the fools will actually fall for it too! Smile
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
4 March 2013, 18:45, (This post was last modified: 4 March 2013, 18:48 by Luci_ferson.)
going from some of the things half the people round here already drink, i imagine radiator water would be an improvement.
have you seen what pernod does to rubber. theres a reason you dont keep it on an optik

and thats not to ention the cheap import knock off vodkas that are maid by watering down chemicals.

some of the people near me are like cockroaches, theyd surviva a nuclear blast and still be stood there with a glass in their hands and a fag in their mouths.

and thats just the ten year olds
4 March 2013, 20:36,
(4 March 2013, 16:36)NorthernRaider Wrote: All the water in my heating system radiators is chemically treated with rust inhibitors and sludge preventers.

Ours are treated in this way too, and we have just [ a couple of months ago ] had our heating re-vamped and ours didn't have any oily stuff inside,..in fact it was green, [ allbeit dark green ] the color of the chemical used for the treatment
A major part of survival is invisibility.
4 March 2013, 22:52, (This post was last modified: 4 March 2013, 22:55 by Luci_ferson.)
mine dont have the treatment chemical in,
all that came out of mine was first water, then rusty water, then very rusty water, then rusty sludge,
and finally thick black sludgy tar like crap.
dont think they had been drained since the house was built 30 years ago.

the chemical was in there soewhere but should have been replaced about 6 times over.
4 March 2013, 23:10,
anybody that's drained a radiator will know that the water from a central heating system isn't drinkable
5 March 2013, 12:30,
I wonder what level of filtration we would need to make it drinkable.

The chemicals are going to be anti rust mainly. I know a plumber and I'll ask him what the sludge actually comes from. I'd guess it is to do with the boiler.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
5 March 2013, 13:05, (This post was last modified: 5 March 2013, 13:06 by NorthernRaider.)
The sludge comes from anaerobic bacteria and disolved metals from the system such as copper, iron, zinc etc, remember some heating systems treatments contain heavy metals and carconogenics.

Note that when you have to frequently bleed air from your radiators but you know its not leaking its because the gunge in your system is producing hydrogen sulphide, so imagine the shite in the water !!