Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What clothes are you caching, and how?
5 March 2013, 12:29,
What clothes are you caching, and how?
This thread is entirely as the title is asking.

What clothes are you caching, if any, and how are you storing them to avoid mold and the alike?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
5 March 2013, 13:23,
RE: What clothes are you caching, and how?
Anything heavy duty and warm that I don't wear often. It all goes in black bags in the loft. I've stored clothes up there for a while and it seems to have fairly benign temperatures for clothing. I've also some heavy duty boots and footwear issued which I don't need so I'm good for the foreseeable future.
Power to the people!
5 March 2013, 13:29,
I'm just having a major sort out and getting rid of lots to stuff such as 58 pattern sleeping bags n liners, I've no use for em as I replaced them with Coleman M-18s. Just parcelled up some green exNATO parkas and sent them off to the Air ambulance charity , I'm using a Dare2be civvie parka now. Cant keep much now cos of space constraints so for three or four weeks I've been getting rid of excess kit n clothing, hopefully the stuff I keep is a better balanced set up.
5 March 2013, 13:52,
I’ve getting rid of gear recently after hoarding it for years, so not so much caching.
5 March 2013, 14:02,
I've mainly cold weather clothing as I see that being more of an issue. I'll either wear layers or t-shirts in the warm.

I have an area set aside so I just add to it as I go along. I have lots for myself, and at least three sets for everyone else. Mine is mainly because I use mine anyway. The rest is stored unused.

Don't forget boots. I've several pairs for everyone.

The big issue is that the kids keep on growing out of theirs so I have a potential gap until they grow up a little. If the clothes are still useable I store them as well.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
5 March 2013, 14:32,
I don't have much in the way of stored clothing, I tend to wear it all cycling through about 15 sets of clothes. Not sure if would be better to not use some of them at all and wear out some of them.

In a few weeks will be the perfect time to tour the charity shops for winter clothes, bedding and boots, they'll want to get spring summer stuff in and need the space for it so look out for bargins
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
5 March 2013, 15:06,
I figured the cold clothing bit.

Just curious about stopping them rotting when cached.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
5 March 2013, 15:08, (This post was last modified: 5 March 2013, 15:11 by Prepper1.)
I'm caching nothing, apart from what I normally have.
I'm not well off enough or have the second house to store it all.

extra clothings not on my list of prioritys.

Surplus clothing can be removed from corpses etc...

Gooey bits can be scraped off and blood pretty much comes out leaving a stain.

summer time watch out, mine'll be the bare arse you see running all over shouting "woop woop"
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
5 March 2013, 15:36,
(5 March 2013, 15:06)Scythe13 Wrote: I figured the cold clothing bit.

Just curious about stopping them rotting when cached.

I've had clothes in my cupboards for decades that have not rotted. I just store these the same. No issues so far. Keep away from food and drink, keep dry and out of the way.

You can even get these vacumn bags that are good at reducing space but I don't bother. Hang them from the roof and lay flat in the loft. They will be fine.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
5 March 2013, 16:39,
I seem to be on the shoe string version of prepping compared to some.

but tbh, I dont think i'd stock clothes anyway, I personally feel they are one thing that'll be fairly easy to come by.

I mean everybody wears them... knowing my luck though, I'll come across a truck full of kaftans...
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...