Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
olive oil / coking oil issues
6 March 2013, 13:48,
olive oil / coking oil issues
Was just listening to some chap on the radio saying the buggered up weather of the last few years has decimated many of the crops we rely on for cooking oils like olive oil and seed rape etc, he says price rises and shortages are likely BUT the bit i was to raise was he expressed a concern that criminals could start flogging poor quality even unhealthy other oil compounds disguised as healthy cooking oils.

Watch your supply of cooking oil and I suggest instead of buying a litre a month from tesco you go and buy a 25 litre drum from a cash n carry so you know your suplly is secure and untainted.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/articl...ather.html
6 March 2013, 14:07, (This post was last modified: 6 March 2013, 14:11 by MaryN.)
RE: olive oil / coking oil issues
So chips get the chop then! How long does a large drum of olive oil last anyway before it goes off. Surely, once you open it then deterioration begins.

I rather miss the warthog.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
6 March 2013, 14:16,
i dont think we would ever use a DRUM of cooking oil, we probably use about 1litre in about 3 months, dont fry very much maybe the odd egg.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 March 2013, 14:23,
Only oil I use is in a little spray bottle that lasts about 6months, could be useful to stock up as you can use it to barter or with a wick to provide light.
6 March 2013, 14:38,
Buy the 25 litre drums from costco. Use it to run your diesel vehicle.
6 March 2013, 14:56,
(6 March 2013, 14:07)MaryN Wrote: So chips get the chop then! How long does a large drum of olive oil last anyway before it goes off. Surely, once you open it then deterioration begins.

I rather miss the warthog.

Good point, may need to revamp suggestion to say group of preppers buy a 25 litre drum and share it out, or use it in your diesel cos its cheaper than diesel fuel??.

Warthog retired because to many people said I looked just like my avatar, but I shave daily and my tusks are clean !!! Smile