Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
robotic heavy load vehicle
7 March 2013, 16:32,
RE: robotic heavy load vehicle
ive just burned a load of scrap wood. i could have used it, but i figured if im gonna build something that i may have to live ion for a long period, i may as welll build it out of the best materials i can get now. cos il find it harder to get them after the shtf.

only thing that puts me off about the bike idea is either me or the mrs would have to pedal it, and that would involve using our hands too.
the robo cart could be controlled by one of my kids leaving my arms and hands free for weaponry.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
7 March 2013, 16:35,
(7 March 2013, 16:32)Luci_ferson Wrote: only thing that puts me off about the bike idea is either me or the mrs would have to pedal it, and that would involve using our hands too.
the robo cart could be controlled by one of my kids leaving my arms and hands free for weaponry.

thats true of course, but maybe one person could pedal the bike whilst the other went in front as an armed scout??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 March 2013, 16:41, (This post was last modified: 7 March 2013, 16:43 by Luci_ferson.)
one armed scout or two armed scouts , which is better.

one at the front and one at the rear

one at the front 20 metres ahead, one at rear imediately behind it.

keeps the kids protected.
7 March 2013, 16:48,
Luci-f

Do you think that its likely that the SHTF event will be an immediately identifiable incident? One that the whole population will recognise and immediately react to?

I do not think it'll be like that at all. At worst the electricity will fail and the sheeple will just look on it as an inconvenience. After 6 hours or so 90% of electronic gizmos will be powerless, and mobile phones will have stopped working. Then there will be opportunist looting. Probably it will be at least 24 hours before the sheeple identify that there's a real problem.

As a preppers we work hard to identify early stages of SHTF, once identified, we will move to our BOL straight away. Without fuss, without drama and hopefully without drawing too much attention to ourselves. The trick is early identification of the event, and activating the BO plan without drawing too much attention.

If evacuation is urgent and the sheeple are already panicking, its going to be a very ugly situation indeed.

Given your situation, maybe it will be more appropriate to start stashing your BO gear at the allotment ahead of time ( like now) That way ypu can travel far lighter and draw less attention to yourselves in the midst of an incident. Maybe with good pre-planning you can entirely forget about moving bulk items at that time?
conscius et paratum
7 March 2013, 16:53, (This post was last modified: 7 March 2013, 16:56 by Luci_ferson.)
Digger i think the event has already happened.
check out my blog theres a post regarding TEOTWAWKI

http://through-my-eyes-by-luci-ferson.we...-know-it-/

were only just fealing the effects now.
and its gonna get a lot worse.

check out the shareholders whilst your there. its a two part post anyway, they go together.
7 March 2013, 16:57,
(7 March 2013, 16:53)Luci_ferson Wrote: Digger i think the event has already happened.
check out my blog theres a post regarding TEOTWAWKI

http://through-my-eyes-by-luci-ferson.we...-know-it-/

were only just fealing the effects now.
and its gonna get a lot worse.

check out the shareholders whilst your there. its a two part post anyway, they go together.

Good Blog. Well done
conscius et paratum
7 March 2013, 16:58,
thanks , appreciated.
7 March 2013, 21:51,
(7 March 2013, 16:32)Luci_ferson Wrote: only thing that puts me off about the bike idea is either me or the mrs would have to pedal it, and that would involve using our hands too.

Why?.... couldnt you have more than one bike, two bikes side by side [ or even three ] linked to some sort of cargo carrier would make life very easy, and if you did feel the need to take your hands of the handle bars, then the steering is linked to the other cyclists.

Make this, and go out on family weekends, [ camping maybe ] get people used to seeing you out and about on your cycle carriage
A major part of survival is invisibility.
7 March 2013, 22:00, (This post was last modified: 7 March 2013, 22:15 by Luci_ferson.)
pretty good idea about building one with two bikes and use it to go camping. wonder what the legality would be of using it on the road.

i think il build the robo donkey though. the more i think of it the more i think of things i could use it for once its there.
even to charge the batteries for my radio.