Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
robotic heavy load vehicle
7 March 2013, 14:08,
RE: robotic heavy load vehicle
(7 March 2013, 13:56)Luci_ferson Wrote: id have to have somewhere to store a car off road, so it didnt incure roadtax.
i already thought of that one.

Keep it in one of the buildings on your allotment. Its an MOT failure that you are after, preferably some hulking great 4x4 that no one can afford to tax or run any more.

Better still get an automatic, than any member of your family can drive it.

Just SORN the thing. No need for tax or insurance. If the day comes that you need to use it, no one will give a toss if its taxed or insured.
conscius et paratum
7 March 2013, 14:28,
You can pick up mobility scooters cheap at auctions, most of the time its because to replace parts is to expensive or the company that made thems gone bust. Would you not be better off investing in a big gardening trolley, they can carry quite a bit and you would get more use out of it.
7 March 2013, 15:53, (This post was last modified: 7 March 2013, 15:56 by Luci_ferson.)
theres a clause in the allotment tennancy that states you cant store vehuicles or caravans there.
and like metroyeti said mobility scooters can be found cheap.
ost people just want rid of them after soomeone dies. so they let them go for silly money. ive been offered a few.
wish i had kept my dads.

i have been thinking of jjust a pull along trolley too.
but I figured the robo-cart would come in usefull for other stuff too, mainly energy generation, or being the driving force of some simple machinery.

the main thing i want it to carry is a lot of hardback books. it would be next to impossible to move them all and id rather not leave them.
and a few other items that id like to take if i could carry.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
7 March 2013, 16:02,
(7 March 2013, 15:53)Luci_ferson Wrote: theres a clause in the allotment tennancy that states you cant store vehuicles or caravans there.

Pity, that would have been an easy solution.
conscius et paratum
7 March 2013, 16:04,
would have been a perfect solution to the transport problem Digger.
7 March 2013, 16:09,
Bearing in mind you only want it for carrying after an even. Getting a running vehicle that has been scrapped for bodywork issues should be OK. Remove the bodywork and turn it into a go cart, build a rear section for holding stuff and you could hide that in an allottment easy enough. You don't need the full car or body do you.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 March 2013, 16:10, (This post was last modified: 7 March 2013, 16:13 by Luci_ferson.)
i suppose i could store a lot of the stuff up there anyway, and then i wouldnt have to take it there. but it still leaves a lot that id have to leave behind that i would rather take.

(7 March 2013, 16:09)Skean Dhude Wrote: Bearing in mind you only want it for carrying after an even. Getting a running vehicle that has been scrapped for bodywork issues should be OK. Remove the bodywork and turn it into a go cart, build a rear section for holding stuff and you could hide that in an allottment easy enough. You don't need the full car or body do you.

then i have to make a trip to go get the vehicle to come back and get everything esle
whee i coulod make my bug out vehicle left packed at all times so its ready to go. just attach the battery and im off within mins.

a vehicle also needs fuel, and the robo cart would recharge its own batteries during the day.
7 March 2013, 16:15,
what about an old bicycle and some form of trailer on the back of it?, its something i'm looking at if bugging out by car is a no-no, got the bikes just got to find the trailer!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 March 2013, 16:16, (This post was last modified: 7 March 2013, 16:18 by Luci_ferson.)
could probably even wire up a makeshift tazer/stunner for defence to it

the bicycle is probably the idea il go for first because the trailer part would be what id be adding to the motorised version eventually anyway.

Luckily im on flat ground so the bike isnt a silly option.

il see how much funds is left after the building work before i bother with the robo cart. ive a fealing my shed/house is gonna cost me a lot more than planned. wood has shot up in price just over last 6 weeks.
7 March 2013, 16:26,
(7 March 2013, 16:16)Luci_ferson Wrote: wood has shot up in price just over last 6 weeks.

keep checking those skips!! any building sites near you? they usually burn all the scrap wood, you never know unless you ask!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.